Oddest food rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
What is the oddest or most unusual thing you've done to rescue a meal? Something I read under "cookware" reminded me of the time I was at my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner. At the time, none of my sisters (I have 3 younger ones) wanted to cook, liked to cook, had any idea what it takes to get a meal for a large extended family going. At one point, the potatoes needed to be mashed. Sis had NOTHING to mash potatoes with. I'm not kidding, nothing. Even her hand mixer didn't work. Hubby laughed, walked into the garage and got a power drill, which he attached one beater to, and proceeded to do the potatoes with it!!!! The meal was a sucess. Sis was literally 9 most pg with her last child, other sis was barely pg with her first, my dog was pg. Needless to say, huge amounts of food got consumed. And I'll always remember husband going to BIL's garage to find a drill!!!

"Necessity is the Mother of Invention" (or "strange bedfellows", I forget which!)

Lifter

Lifter said:
"Necessity is the Mother of Invention" (or "strange bedfellows", I forget which!)

Lifter
You had it right the first time. lol The other one is, "Politics makes strange bedfellows."

:) Barbara

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom