Official© Dinner Thread for Thursday the 30th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My older daughter saved me a baked ham bone from Easter so I'm going to make a pot of split pea soup for dinner. The bone has some nice ham pieces on it.

What are you all planning?

I was hoping that the farmer I get my meet from would call me but I guess my order wont be ready so Ithink I'll just have a ham and cheese grilled cheese with a little bit of feta cheese. So much for my braised ribs with perogies.

I was hoping that the farmer I get my meet from would call me but I guess my order wont be ready so Ithink I'll just have a ham and cheese grilled cheese with a little bit of feta cheese. So much for my braised ribs with perogies.

At least you have something good to look forward to.

Making a tuna casserole, which I haven't made for years...
Simple salad (mixture?) of avocado and tomato as a side..

Cherry pie for dessert..

Ross

We're having breakfast for dinner tonight... Omelets, bacon, fresh banana bread, fruit.

I just pulled the banana bread out of the oven - the challenge will be to make sure there's some left at dinner time.

Started to make a recipe I have never tried before.. Beefy Spanish Rice. I must be feeling brave because I have great difficulty getting brown rice to cook thoroughly at 7000 feet elevation. Thie recipe better work, I'm planning on leftovers for tomorrow's dinner, when I will be occupied playing bridge online, during meal prep time. The pressure cooker is not making any noises; not a good sign.

I made a goat cheese , asparagus, tarragon tart and served it with smoked salmon.

Attachments

• 3F76797F-954D-484E-8C32-E72767F7589C.jpeg
    3F76797F-954D-484E-8C32-E72767F7589C.jpeg
    36.2 KB · Views: 174
Seared Tavern Ham Steak, Pineapple/Mustard Sauce, Buttered White rice, Peas, Corn & Pearls... SoS- Thousand Island....

Ham, Tavern Steak, Pineapple Sauce.jpg

I made my Chicken Nacho's dinner a few nights ago, and saved the leftovers (without the chips) so tonight it will be repurposed as a Mexican Salad with a bed of romaine topped with sliced avocado and dressed with a mix of Ranch and Catalina dressing.

We're having the ultimate lazy day here. I'd really like a BLT on last night's fresh-baked bread with potato salad, but I have to make the salad. It's cold and rainy and the leftover ham and bean soup would be perfect. Himself just said "it's a soup day", so I can diddle about the potato salad until tomorrow. :LOL:

We had pick up takeout Mexican from a local place. The food was good,BUT the fact that it took 59 minutes for our food to be ready, when we were told 25 sort of ruined the whole thing. We weren't the only unhappy customers either.

Cold and rainy here today too. I got lucky, I had already started soaking the beans for a bean, Italian sausage, and chard soup. It was perfect in this weather. I made this soup for the first time a week ago, but with canned beans. Oh yeah, this soup is hearty and delicious and going into the rotation.

We really like mustard greens raw. I tried sautéing them and we were much less enthusiastic about them. That's why I didn't put any in the big batch of soup. I did chop some up and we tried it in individual bowls of soup. That worked quite well. So, who knows, I may include mustard greens in this soup in the future. I know I want to try it with kale.

I served it with some bread heels and some baguette.

Attachments

• IMG_20200430_181610.jpg
    IMG_20200430_181610.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20200430_181524.jpg
    IMG_20200430_181524.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
I've been trying to come up with different Chicken dishes.
DH said that he doesn't mind Chicken ALL THE TIME,
but if I could please change it up a bit...

Okay den ...

IMG_5822.jpg

Diced B/S Chicken Thighs
Crimini Mushrooms
Sweet White Onion
Garlic
all in a lovely scratch made Gravy with Parsley, Thyme and Sage
?
Most ONO over Rice... I thought I had some Wide Egg Noodles, but nope, so Rice it is.

Didn't feel like cooking last night so we ordered contactless-delivery pizza from Dominos.

Back
Top Bottom