Official® Wednesday Night Dinner ~ 8/17/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I'm hopeful that I'm making this

56875-albums1045-picture8522.jpg

(file photo)

So long as this Monsoon storm that has decided to park itself right over our house and doesn't seem to be moving, would get the heck outta here, I'll grill off 4 Hamburger patties; two will become Hamburger Steak and the other 2 will be Cheeseburgers with fries for lunch tomorrow.

What's going on your table?

Pasta Night !
#8 Spaghetti & (Pork) Meatballs, and
a Salad....
I scoffed down a Meatball before I
remembered to snap a pic.....

Spaghetti & Pork Balls 8-17-22.jpg

Not sure the name of it, but came across It few months back on he internet
Sandwich using Fried green plantain as the ' bread'
Peal and fry green plantain, squash, sprinkle with garlic salt and fried again.
Inside: Lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado, chicken, cheese ( in my case fake chicken)
Dressing ( mayo mixed with ketchup)

***Needed a little more acid, so I drizzled some vinaigrette also**

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 3.34.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 3.34.21 PM.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 14
Just sitting around with nothing to do so I decided to cook two pounds of bacon. Hard to avoid the obvious go to meal of BLTs so that's what we had for dinner along with a bowl of quick egg and lemon soup.

IMG_0272.jpg

Yesterday DH made Dragon Lady sesame noodles. He made two batches. One to bring to a potluck and one for us. Just imagine the mess I had to deal with today. (We don't have a functioning dishwasher.) I was in no mood to put effort into cooking. I heated up some spinach and mozzarella samosas in the toaster oven. We each had two. We also had some of the sesame noodles. I forgot to cut up some scallions and toast some sesame seeds for garnish. Oh well, they were still good.

Spinach and mozzarella samosa and sesame noodles.jpg

I made 3 and 1/2 qts of baked beans which are mostly in the freezer now. Then I made 5 qts of chili beans, or chili. Most of it will go in the freezer in 1 qt containers. Mr bliss is cooking up some whole wheat elbow macaroni to go in his chili.

I'm having chili without noodles and if I'm still hungry then I'll have corn on the cob.

Leftovers from last night: Slow Roasted King Ora Salmon "Chinatown Style", with Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce, Ginger, and Scallion

Attachments

• Salmon.jpg
    Salmon.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 15
...So long as this Monsoon storm that has decided to park itself right over our house and doesn't seem to be moving...
I wish I could lasso that cloud and drag it over to New England. The entire region is in some varying degree of drought. If things don't change soon, Maine won't be the only state up here to have a "desert". :(

I spent my dinner prep time making loaded salads (corn, carrots, cukes, salad olives, tomatoes, Feta cheese, sunflower seeds, + scallions for Himself). Then I cracked open a couple of tubs of "Boston Chowda Company" soups, gumbo for Himself and clam chowder for me. VERY filling, but I didn't eat much the rest of the day so I (kinda) had room. *burp* Needless to say, no dessert.

Back
Top Bottom