Official Dinner Thread for Friday the 28th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
I made a pot of beef barley soup with mushrooms for dinner tonight.
IMG_0478.jpeg

What's on your plate tonight?

I had a sandwich on that sour rye I made, with Seltzer's Lebanon Bologna. That, and a bunch of cherry tomatoes, and a simple green salad. I resisted the temptation to make another sandwich, but I'll have more tomorrow.

I had to work today, so I had leftovers from the supper I fixed last night - exactly the reason I don't really bother to try to cook for just 1 person.

WW macaroni with no-cheeze sauce (red pepper base), broccoli. Cantaloupe.

We spent the evening with Goober at the Cleveland Museum of Art today, then stopped at a BJ'S Brewhouse for supper. I had a cheese steak sandwich with coleslaw and garlic roasted veggies. Himself had a big bowl of jambalaya. Goober had a rice bowl with beans and stuff and barbacoa seasoned chicken after eating a side Caesar salad. Second time Himself and I have eaten at a BJ'S and have enjoyed every bite. Imagine, a chain restaurant we actually like!

I baked some store bought, breaded, frozen halibut fillets. I stuck some shoestring potatoes in the toaster oven on "fan bake". I made some coleslaw. That was yummy. The coleslaw turned out particularly good. I ate a large portion before I remembered that there was other food on my plate. We had the no pie crust apple pie that @bethzaring posted about. It was delicious. We started some apple scrap vinegar with the scraps from those apples. Even though I didn't cook the fish or 'taters, it was a busy cooking day. I also made some veggie stock.

Breaded haddock, shoestring potatoes, and homemade coleslaw.jpg
Breaded haddock, shoestring potatoes, and homemade coleslaw 2.jpg

Potato chips and a glass of wine (or 2).
Had a huge sandwich quite late after spending the morning chasing down a doctor in Walk-In Clinics. They are very rare breed and hard to find. Finally found a clinic that normally has 3 doctors but only one was in yesterday... Antibiotics for the granddaughter, decongestant for the grandson.

I had some nice big fat scallops ready to cook, but at the lastt minute, our friend showed up to fix my bathroom wall. I had to scramble to have enough food for 3 instead of 2. So, pizza. We haven't eaten pizza in over 15 months (dieting) and it truly didn't taste as good as I remembered. I wish we could have had the scallops.

Back
Top Bottom