Official Dinner Thread for Saturday the 22nd©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
The last portion of Hungarian Goulash Soup moved form the freezer to our plates for tonight's dinner. I made a batch of dinner rolls to accompany it.
IMG_0465.jpeg

I spent the day out in the country with my cousins and we went to a little seafood place. Had pan-seared shrimp, french fries, green beans, and hush puppies.

I had a craving for Greek food from our favourite Greek resto. I checked DoorDash. It said they would open at 5PM on Saturday. We went to order at a little past 5PM and now it said that they would open at 5PM on Tuesday. Phooey! It was late to start supper and I really didn't feel like it at that point, so we decided to order from one of our favoured Italian restos. DH ordered a dish that had "Grilled chicken, goat cheese, semi-dried cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic, extra virgin olive oil". I tasted it. It was very good. I ordered the "
Piatto di salumi: Prosciutto di parma, cacciatore, spicy salami, speck, parmesan, provolone, sweet gorgonzola, grilled artichokes, semi-dried cherry tomatoes, fig mustard". I have had that before and it's lovely. The "fig mustard" is a fig jam. I think calling it mustard is weird and might be a mistranslation of some sort, but they called it "moutarde de figues " in French, so not the typical, Montreal menu typo. After we ordered, I remembered that there is a much smaller, much closer Italian resto that we enjoy. It turns out that we quite enjoy the three closest Italian restos, all less than a mile by car. One about 5 minutes away on foot.

We still have the dregs of those danged colds, so we went for a short "color drive" and bought a quarter of Bob Evans chicken-n-noodles to go. The leaves are so pretty this year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom