Official Dinner Thread for Sunday the 20th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Mid-day Sunday dinner as I cooked a top round roast by sous vide and didn't want to get up in the middle of the night to start it off. 16½ hours @ 136ºF for medium (SO's preference). Made a quick gravy from the accumulated juices in the bag.

IMG_5146.jpg

Looks good, Andy, but I would be happier with a bit more red. ;)

We'll finish the leftover half of Shrimp Destin from what I made Friday night for supper, along with some broccolini. I think I'll roast it this time, toss the finished product with a little lemon juice, and garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. :yum:

We'll finish the leftover half of Shrimp Destin from what I made Friday night for supper, along with some broccolini. I think I'll roast it this time, toss the finished product with a little lemon juice, and garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. :yum:

Thanks, CG. I would be happier with a more rare result too. But SO doesn't care for that so we (I) compromised.

Until I learned to eat my meat redder (I was a "medium/just a bit of pink" sort of gal when Himself and I got married), Himself would grill a steak to his liking, then I would cut off my share and he'd finish it off on the grill until it was done to my liking. Now if it's too rare (sometimes I swear he's OK with it mooing), I'll slice mine off and gently finish it in the microwave. I wonder if it would work like that for your sous vide meat.

Looks and sounds great guys!
CG, I was thinking of trying that Shrimp Destin as Scallop Destin, as Mom loves them I can't eat them...I still have about a pound and a half in the deep freeze...

Today, DH & I went over to Mom's apartment to take her those items that she requested and then take her out to linner (late lunch/early dinner).
There's this new place that opened up back last October, and I was waiting from them to shake out the bugs before we tried it.

FABULOUS!!!

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg
A new-to-me wine...

IMG_1420.jpg
DH's side was a Caesar Salad, and a very generous one at that!

IMG_1424.jpg
DH's Mussel Marinara PLATTER! There's 15 New Zealand Green Lip Mussels and under it all is I swear to you, a pound of linguini !!!!

IMG_1427.jpg
Mom surprised us and ordered Linguini and Meatballs ...

IMG_1428.jpg
I had one of the special of the day, Halibut in a lovely lemon cream sauce and again, a pound of linguini under it all.

Last edited:
(I hit "submit reply before I was finished ...)

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

Do ya think DH enjoyed his meal? :LOL:
I have not been enjoying restaurant red sauce for some time, but THAT was really good!

IMG_1425.jpg
(top view of my linner)

Both Mom & I had the Sautéed Spinach with Garlic as our side... it was delicious!

As we were walking out of the restaurant, Mom made a comment that we'll be coming back here again and she knows already what she's going to order. :ROFLMAO:

I had a burrito bowl and DH had a large burrito. I had started supper, but I pooped out part way through the prep, so we ordered out.

CG, do you think that this dish is freezable? I looked at the link from Southern Living, and I don't see anything about that ...

K-Girl, I don't know. I've never frozen it. I've heard that spaghetti noodles don't freeze well - but I've never done that. However, mac-and-cheese is also pasta and I freeze leftovers of that. I've learned that you need to have extra moisture in the dish to make it weather the freezing. I make mac-and-cheese extra saucy. Maybe if you add a little extra broth to the leftovers before you put it in the freezer it would work? I don't know. You can be the food tester, ok? :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom