Official Dinner Thread for Sunday the 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Tonight's dinner was a chicken, mushroom, orzo skillet recipe.

C81E21E9-0779-4526-8086-EB74C472AA96_1_105_c.jpg

I cooked 2 lbs of ww spaghetti and 3 quarts of tomato mushroom sauce for him.
5 qts of greek lentil spinach lemon soup/stew for DS and I.
Half goes in the freezer and we'll be eating this stuff this next week.

Pan grilled sliced flank steak, steamed asparagus, and pan-grilled baby bok choy.

asparagus_022022_IMG_9319.jpg

flank_asparagus_022022_IMG_9323.jpg

We're working over the leftover creamy chicken-wild rice soup. A full recipe makes a LOT. It's a blessing, and a curse. (And don't suggest putting some in the freezer unless you can find a spot for it. :LOL: )

We're working over the leftover creamy chicken-wild rice soup. A full recipe makes a LOT. It's a blessing, and a curse. (And don't suggest putting some in the freezer unless you can find a spot for it. :LOL: )

I can find spots for stuff like that. The problem is finding that soup or whatever again when I need it. :ermm: :LOL:

Leftovers do have a habit of playing hide-and-seek with all of us, don't they? :LOL: More than once I've stood in front of the freezer saying "I KNOW I have ... in here" and just can't find it.

Of course I find it the next time I'm looking in the freezer for something else. :rolleyes:

I had bins in my freezer for different foods. One for chicken, one for pork, etc. then a shelf for leftover meals.

Didn't work, of course, but almost.

Did make it easier to pull out a bin of chicken to see what was in there. Then remove the pork chops that were supposed to be in the bin beside.

I had bins in my freezer for different foods. One for chicken, one for pork, etc. then a shelf for leftover meals.

Did make it easier to pull out a bin of chicken to see what was in there. Then remove the pork chops that were supposed to be in the bin beside.

Clearly, we went to the same Freezer Loading class.

Clearly, we went to the same Freezer Loading class.

Does anyone else choose food from the freezer for dinner based on how much space it takes up?

Does anyone else choose food from the freezer for dinner based on how much space it takes up?

Yes.

I have a large container of beef and noodles that is screaming to create more space in the freezer.

Today I fixed over a gallon DC inspired chicken, rice, green chile, caramelized onion and fresh spinach soup. I gave a quart to a neighbor who does landscaping for food. And she may get another quart in a day to two because there is no room in the freezer. I still have Johnny Marzetti so I don't have to cook for a few days. Which is good because I am hosting bridge on Friday and need to clean and bake goodies for the event.

Back
Top Bottom