Official Dinner Thread for Thursday the 27th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We had burgers tonight with AF tots. The tots were as good as the ones I make in the toaster oven.

E7E7B921-A1FC-405D-B0F1-D2A34E61A155_1_105_c.jpg

LOL, "as good".

Woohoo, we're as good as a second place team!

I guess it depends on your chronological perspective, though.

That melt is perfect, Andy.

Last edited:
I hunted and gathered today ahead of what could be a major snow dump.
Since I knew I wouldn't have time to cook, I pulled a tub of chicken soup from the freezer. I boiled noodles while the soup heated. Easy peasy.

I had supper plans, but I wasn't feeling quite right. Then DH got a migraine. Within an hour, I got a migraine too. Danged migraine fairy was busy today. (Both of us got visual migraines with scintillating scotoma, so it was very easy to notice exactly when they started.) Anyhoo, with both of us out of commission, it seemed like ordering a delivery meal was the best idea. We ordered some really yummy hamburgers from a place called Notre-Boeuf-de-Grace. There's a part of Montreal called Notre-Dame-de-Grâce. That was the first location for this mini-chain of restos. And "boeuf" is French for beef.

Lasagna of eggplant and mushrooms, tomato sauce w/fennel onions and red peppers, white bean layer with basil and onion powder, whole wheat lasagna noodles. Was delicious.

LOL, "as good".

Woohoo, we're as good as a second place team!

I guess it depends on your chronological perspective, though.

That melt is perfect, Andy.

As discussed before. Using an AF is just another way of cooking the same things.

Melting cheese is an advanced skill I acquired through decades of practice. I don't want to oversimplify it but HEAT is key.

As discussed before. Using an AF is just another way of cooking the same things.

Melting cheese is an advanced skill I acquired through decades of practice. I don't want to oversimplify it but HEAT is key.

Lol, yes, it just struck me as funny in that "as good" aa the normal way is only a mild endorsement at best. It reminds me of when I met my wife. She told her girlfriends that she finally met a half-way decent guy.

She meant it as a compliment.

Apparently, I'm only HALF way ok.

And yes, heat and moisture is the key to a good melt, unless you want a skirt, or browned peaks. Then just direct heat.

So anyway, I was too busy at work to eat last night. My dinner this morning is a bowl of seaweed and beef knuckle soup from my trip to the Korean market. I added a good 1/2 tsp of super hot pepper flakes from one of a gift selection of dried hot chile blends from the Flatiron Pepper Company. Yowza, it's hot.

Attachments

• 0128221130b.jpg
    0128221130b.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
So anyway, I was too busy at work to eat last night. My dinner this morning is a bowl of seaweed and beef knuckle soup from my trip to the Korean market. I added a good 1/2 tsp of super hot pepper flakes from one of a gift selection of dried hot chile blends from the Flatiron Pepper Company. Yowza, it's hot.
That sounds like a breakfast I would have! And the hot peppers wake me up faster than coffee. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom