Official Dinner Thread for Wednesday the 11th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
We visited Costco today so dinner included some Costco rotchik along with some spinach and a salad.

IMG_0054.jpg

For my birthday, we ordered from our favourite Greek resto. We had planned to eat at a resto with a terrasse, but when I tried to make a reservation, they weren't answering their phone. Their booking site said that there were no reservations available for the 11th, so we decided to just order in.

I had lamb chops. Stirling had moussaka. All the platters come with a salad, rice pilaf, and roasted potatoes as well as garlic bread. We ordered a side of dolmadakia and a dessert of baklava cheese cake. We pulled a bottle of Henkell out of the fridge. It was, as usual, very good. It seemed particularly good today.

My serving:

Lamb chops, rice pilaf, roast potatoes, and salad.jpg

The whole meal:

2022-05-11 Linda's birthday supper.jpg

Last edited:
Happy birthday, taxy!

I dragged out a really old but well-loved recipe for stir fry beef and broccoli. The recipe is so old that the measurements for sesame oil and oyster sauce include "if available" as an admonition. I guess that was if you only had grocery stores for shopping. I was lucky. I could shop at Sam Wah Yick Kee Co on Cleveland's Chinatown when I worked downtown in the early 1970s. You could buy fresh fried chow mein noodles. So good!

View attachment 51768

Happy Birthday, taxlady. :)

We had butter noodles topped with a hamburger patty and brown gravy. Side was Brussels sprouts.

Jell-O and cream was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220511_152540472.jpg

Back
Top Bottom