Official Dinner Thread Friday the 19th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
My sweetheart requested pizza for dinner tonight so I sprang into action! Well, I took some frozen dough and frozen pizza sauce out of the freezer. That's sorta like springing into action.

You may remember I made submarine sandwiches last night with Italian sausage, red and green peppers, mushrooms and onions. Well, that became the topping for the pizza.

Also, while watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives last night, I saw someone putting pickles on pizza and was intrigued. So half the pizza also got some giardiniera.

This was the result:

CE5D44F2-203D-4239-BC6F-A7FE06A9DFF5_1_105_c.jpg

All in all, it was OK. I wouldn't do pickles on a regular basis but the rest was good.

Happy Last Day of Winter ! :ROFLMAO:

When I was out yesterday, I stopped at the store on the way home. Had the deli thin slice some corn beef for SO and pastrami for moi. I made us grilled sammies for supper, including some sauerkraut and jarlsberg swiss already on hand. And crunchy deli pickles. A belated St Paddy's dinner for us.

I got an urge for delivery food. We ordered from our favourite Greek resto. DH got moussaka, I got lamb chops. It was good. We will have the baklava for dessert later.

We ended up getting KFC for dinner. Had a SNAFU of a day.

Just FYI, don't order food thru KFCs online platform. I did and our order was almost $19. The order didn't go thru even though it said it did, so we ended up ordering at the drive thru. Same order was just over $14 so somebody is making a few extra bucks off their online/mobile ordering platform.

Did a little more research, apparently it is run thru 1 of the big delivery company's platform, and even though they have nothing to do with your order if you pick it up, you are still paying delivery prices. Bad, bad marketing decision on part of KFC. They should have sucked it up and paid for their own platform. We'll probably never go back there again after that experience. An almost $5 difference between actual drive thru/store menu prices and online ordering when you are picking up is outrageous.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience with a local pizza joint. Higher prices AND a limited menu. I call the store directly and they deliver it.

Corned Beef, potatoes and homemade coleslaw topped with Everything ... Bagel seasoning.

corned_beef_031921_IMG_7898.jpg

Back
Top Bottom