Official Dinner Thread Saturday the 18th©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Threw together a quick stir-fry to clean out the fridge. Never ate the salad. It just doesn't go with the stir-fry.

IMG_0161.jpg

I had supper plans. I even started on supper. But, before I got too far, I pooped out and put stuff away. We ordered from our favourite Greek resto. Chicken brochettes for DH and lamb chops for me. Both come with a salad, garlic bread, rice pilaf, and roast potatoes. We also ordered a side of dolmadakia. It was very good, as expected.

I'm not 100% today, so I made DH a pastrami sandwich and I had peanut butter toast (peanut butter promotes sleep, I'm told). I took store-bought pastrami, steamed it, put it on an oven toasted hoagie bun (well, not the first one, as I burned that beyond recognition), a little provolone, Coleman's mustard and some sub sauce. DH was in Heaven. Kosher pickles and wavy chips completed his meal. No pictures...no energy.

My mind wouldn't accept that it was 90 degrees out so, I thawed some beans with pork and baked a small corn bread. Of course I had a small beer with the meal

Ice cream was dessert.

Ross
IMG_20220618_141249987.jpg

We had breakfast for supper last night. I had nearly half a gallon of milk go bad on me less than a week after I bought it (the store replaced it for free), so I have been trying to use the spoiled milk. When I told Himself I could make blueberry pancakes, he said he loves my fluffy pancakes - with blueberries is even better. (This is the recipe I always use: Fluffy, Fluffy Pancakes) We also had scrambled eggs with Colby-jack cheese, and breakfast sausages. Didn't have any dessert since we poured our real maple syrup with heavy hands.

I usually make pancakes on my shallow electric roasting pan. This time I decided to use the Cuisinart Griddler flat plates. It took so long to make each round of cakes the ingredients started to separate! They didn't puff up as nice, either. Back to the roaster next time.

IMG_20220618_222420004.jpg

Last edited:
We had breakfast for supper last night. I had nearly half a gallon of milk go bad on me less than a week after I bought it (the store replaced it for free), so I have been trying to use the spoiled milk. When I told Himself I could make blueberry pancakes, he said he loves my fluffy pancakes - with blueberries is even better. (This is the recipe I always use: Fluffy, Fluffy Pancakes) We also had scrambled eggs with Colby-jack cheese, and breakfast sausages. Didn't have any dessert since we poured our real maple syrup with heavy hands.

I usually make pancakes on my shallow electric roasting pan. This time I decided to use the Cuisinart Griddler flat plates. It took so long to make each round of cakes the ingredients started to separate! They didn't puff up as nice, either. Back to the roaster next time.

View attachment 52261

I tried that once, it doesn't work so well does it CG?

No, K-Girl, it did not. I know that others have had great luck with their Griddler flat plates, but I'm much more likely to do something with the ribbed grids.

Luckily, even though the pancakes weren't as fluffy all the way through the bowl of batter, they were still fluffy enough to count as "fluffy". So there IS that! :)

I use the griddler for pancakes. They do take time but I think they turn out great. Maybe I just don't know any better. Of course, I use the Chief's Worlds Finest Pancakes recipe so I hav an edge.

I never have problems when using the roaster, Andy. I think it might be because the 2" walls trap a little heat and help cook them. They come out fluffy and perfectly browned and don't take forever to do that. Once again, I think this falls into the "whatever works best" category for each of us. ;)

Compare the recipe I use. It's basically the Chief's, but uses melted butter instead of cooking oil. It also includes vanilla as a regular ingredient. This time with the blueberries, I substituted lemon. I'm such a rebel! [emoji38]

Back
Top Bottom