Official Dinner Thread Thursday the 15th ©

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
Pan roasted chicken thigh with pilaf and peas.

IMG_0317.jpeg

I said that on Tuesday I made a version of @Cooking Goddess 's Smothered Chicken ...
well, I deliberately made 2 extra Chicken Thighs, just for this!
IMG_2112.JPG

Smothered Chicken Sammies!
I found what DH is calling "hard rolls" aka at our local Safeway Kaiser Rolls, heated them in the hot box; on mine, I schmeared some Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard on the split rolls and added a handful of Spring Mixed Greens from Trader Joe's; some sliced Hot Cherry Peppers for DH and Bob's your uncle!
DE-LI-CIOUS!!!
We both said that this would be even better on those lovely Cast Iron Skillet Rolls, the 8 count pan - larger, better suited to stuffing.
DH; When are you going to bake again?
Moi: When it cools down, too to have the oven on for breads and pizza
DH: Isn't that why we have AC?
:giggle:

Himself did another fine job grilling our steak tonight. Sides were steamed broccoli, fresh corn sautéed in butter and seasoned with fresh ground pepper and Manchego cheese, and baby button mushrooms sautéed in butter and finished off with dry sherry. He also had a half-nuked yellow potato finished on the grill.
20220915_212527.jpg

I had a meal plan. I was getting ready to make it. Then, I noticed that I had forgotten to thaw some bacon and it was too late. Thursday DH runs a role playing game via Discord. That means that he has to be in front of his computer by 19:00. He finishes work (from home) at 18:00. Thursday is not the day for supper to be late. We ordered from a burrito bowl and taco resto. Next time we order from them, I might order a quesadilla. They now have the option to have it on a wholewheat tortilla.

We had the char siu I made yesterday, with rice fragranced by a hint of 5 spice. the rice came out like a very fragrant jasmine rice, and wasn't sticky. I have a new pork love - Char Siu! as it did at dinner time, maybe better.

Confessions of a late night snitcher: about midnight, I awoke and headed for the kitchen. The plan was to refresh my mouth with ice water. I saw the pork sitting in the fridge, looking at me, calling to me. I grabbed a fork and removed a small piece of the pork, The char siu sauce had gelled due to it's high collagen content. It tasted every bit as good cold as it had at dinner time, maybe better. I know what I'm having for dinner tonight.

Oh, your posted meals, and pictures really wet a guys appetite.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Brown basmati rice with onions peppers peas, baked black beans, broccoli. Crustless pumpkin pie with raspberry puree and granola.
dinner-009.jpg

dinner-005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom