Oh, boy! Monday Again! Dinner? 1-10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Double Burger with Cheddar... Air Fries, Succotash...

Burger, Cheddar 1-10-22.jpg

Dinner was breakfast sausage, home fries (potatoes and onions), over easy eggs and buttermilk biscuits.

breakfast_011022_IMG_9140.jpg

Dinner at work, again. Stayed in a hotel with no food because of Covid, again.

More nuked burgers or "quarter chicken with two sides" crap.

Prison food. Really! The same company that makes food for my job also contracts to NY state prisons, specificallly Riker's Island.

I hope someday I won't regret free albeit crappy food, though.

Just as long as you're eating that food on this side of the prison bars, Bucky, it's all good.

Another supper with old friends. They drove down to Loverly's place and I made another round of bratwurst and sauerkraut with mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. They brought dessert of a Boston cream pie and really, really good oatmeal-pecan-cranberry cookies.

Lol, CG. I've only been to "The Tombs" once when I was young after bwing rounded up in bar fight, and I don't want to go back. I'm way too pretty...

We had Habitant French Canadian pea soup and vegi samosas for supper.

View attachment 50761

Taxy, is Habitant a brand name? I bought a few cans of Quebecoisie style pea soup a few years ago the last time we were on Lake Champlain, and I seem to recall the name on the can was Habitant.

I do remember it being really good, topped with freshly toasted croutons. I like the idea of samosas with it.

Taxy, is Habitant a brand name? I bought a few cans of Quebecoisie style pea soup a few years ago the last time we were on Lake Champlain, and I seem to recall the name on the can was Habitant.

I do remember it being really good, topped with freshly toasted croutons. I like the idea of samosas with it.

Yes, Habitant is the brand name. That stuff is so good, that I can't be bothered to try making it. This is what the can looks like:

10300114075678.jpg

Had a friend transplanted to Florida - each time I drove a snowbird's car down I HAD to bring cans of Habitant Pea Soup.

Would like to try that soup.

Apparently Walmart is the only store which carries it and they are out of stock and have no idea when they will have it back. :ermm:

Amazon has it @ a premium price, it seems.

Ross

Back
Top Bottom