Oh My Gosh! (This one's for real!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AllenOK

Executive Chef
I went in to work today, to start prepping my line in anticipation for re-opening the A la Carte menu tomorrow night (we shut down for a 10 days to deep-clean). I'm happily prepping away, when the Chef gives me a copy of the new menu that's going live next week.

Ok, I'm flipping through it, looking for new menu items coming from my line. I start spotting them, and there's a lot! I have three new apptizers. I'm wasn't surprised to see the Lobster Shiitake Gratin app that I did several weeks ago. That one was a really big hit (the Chef came up with it, I made it). I was again, not surprised to see my Beef Bourginonne on the appetizer menu. That was my idea from the get-go, plus my cooking. However, I was really surprised to see my Baked Fromage (on the appetizer board) was also included on the menu! Sweet!!

That makes three menu additions that are my ideas (the two mentioned, plus a sandwich I started making last year).

In addition, there are many new menu items that I'm going to have to make. Off the top of my head, a Lobster "Mac and Cheese", a 4-cheese Fusilli Bake, and a cornbread- and andouille-stuffed chicken breast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went in to work today, to start prepping my line in anticipation for re-opening the A la Carte menu tomorrow night (we shut down for a 10 days to deep-clean). I'm happily prepping away, when the Chef gives me a copy of the new menu that's going live next week.

Ok, I'm flipping through it, looking for new menu items coming from my line. I start spotting them, and there's a lot! I have three new apptizers. I'm wasn't surprised to see the Lobster Shiitake Gratin app that I did several weeks ago. That one was a really big hit (the Chef came up with it, I made it). I was again, not surprised to see my Beef Bourginonne on the appetizer menu. That was my idea from the get-go, plus my cooking. However, I was really surprised to see my Baked Fromage (look on the appetizer board for that recipe) was also included on the menu! Sweet!!

That makes three menu additions that are my ideas (the two mentioned, plus a sandwich I started making last year).

In addition, there are many new menu items that I'm going to have to make. Off the top of my head, a Lobster "Mac and Cheese", a 4-cheese Fusilli Bake, and a cornbread- and andouille-stuffed chicken breast.
:)Good for you:) Now go and kick some butt.:)

First of all, Allen, it sounds as though your expertise is respected as evidenced by the number of dishes that are "yours." Kudos to you. You are being noticed.

As for the rest, I hope you have your comfortable shoes on and have your sleeves rolled up. You have a lot of work ahead of you. Best wishes.

Thanks all. Yup, I do have a lot of work ahead of me.

My goal in life is to serve folks good food. I now have a secondary goal, which is to do everything I can to bring more folks into the club to eat. We've been loosing business the past few months, for various reasons. Some of those, I can correct. Some I can't.

I only have two words. "ACTION STATIONS!"

Please tell me you are not putting sugar in the cornbread of your cornbread- and andouille-stuffed chicken breast.

Sorry, but being from the South, I shudder when I hear sugar and cornbread in the same sentence.

Sorry, but being from the South, I shudder when I hear sugar and cornbread in the same sentence.
LOL That is why I rarely ever eat cornbread anymore, unless I make it. I don't like the sugarless southern cornbread!

Allen--You have a lot to be proud of! Good job!

:)Barbara

Well, the cornbread is already made, and no, there is no sugar in it. That's because someone else made it. Personally, I like some sugar in my cornbread.

Congrats!!! Sounds like he has quite alot of respect for you and your abilities....Huge pat on the back for you!!

Hey Allen, way to go! I remember at the place I worked at this summer having a couple of my own recipes being put on the menu. I makes it all worth it. Keep creating and you will go far! I am intriqued with beef bourginonne as an appetizer - how do you serve it? I've only done it as a main.

We just serve about 5 fl oz in a soup cup.

Although, the folks that really love it request an entree-sized portion, with a scoop of my mashed potatoes right down in the center of the stew.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom