OK Hit by Massive Tornado

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Addie

Chef Extraordinaire
The pictures are horrendous. An elementary school took a direct hit. Prayers are certainly needed. :angel:

Listening to some TV newscasts. Stepson #2 and his family live in Shawnee. Shrek is calling them now.

They are saying that 75 children were still in the building when the school was hit. The footage is horrendous. You can see streets and driveways and that's all. Prayers ascending for all those affected.

Wow. This is bad. Thoughts and prayers going out for the people hit by this catastrophe.

Last edited:
This is the second tornado to hit this town. In 1999 they were wiped off the map that time also. It was an F4 tornado. F5 is the highest. Here it is 9:16 p.m. and they are still looking for the kids. I have to change the channel. The thought of those kids are more than I can handle. :angel: And some for the kiddies. :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

A good friend of mine from HS's daughter lives there and the house is gone but they are ok.

Apparently the devastation is unbelievable ....,,

A good friend of mine from HS's daughter lives there and the house is gone but they are ok.

Apparently the devastation is unbelievable ....,,

:( This is the second tornado to wipe this town out. They had a devasting one in 1999. How much can one town take? :angel:

I just found out a good friend's son-in-law and his family live in Moore. She said that fortunately they just got a little damage from flying debris.

Such a horrible thing. I have been praying for the people affected by this tornado from the beginning and will continue. So many families torn apart. :(

I am very angry over that report I heard last night. The reporters have been monsters.

I have been a wreck all day.

The coroner said they may have double counted people in the first mortality report. I think it's 24 dead.

I can understand it would be total chaos.

The medical examiner stated that due to the immediate confusion, some of the bodies were being counted twice. I can understand that happening. :angel:

the news people who rushed to report their findings should be suspended without pay for a few weeks to teach them a lesson.

nonetheless, my heart breaks for the parents of those who lost their kids. and, of course, the others who were raken from their families.

the news people who rushed to report their findings should be suspended without pay for a few weeks to teach them a lesson.
I agree completely. Seems like lately whenever there's some sort of tragedy, the media rushes in and starts blaring out news without bothering to verify the facts. Whatever happened to the days when journalists had integrity - not to mention sympathy for the victims and their families? News anymore is way too tabloid-like.

There are times when these idiots need to just back off and let rescuers do their job, and stop sticking microphones in peoples' faces.

Terrible tragedy in OK, and my heart goes out to these poor people.

Last edited:
the news people who rushed to report their findings should be suspended without pay for a few weeks to teach them a lesson....

I agree completely. Seems like lately whenever there's some sort of tragedy, the media rushes in and starts blaring out news without bothering to verify the facts. Whatever happened to the days when journalists had integrity - not to mention sympathy for the victims and their families? News anymore is way too tabloid-like.

There are times when these idiots need to just back off and let rescuers do their job, and stop sticking microphones in peoples' faces.....

Guys, call off the attack dogs. Took me a while to find this "in print" so I could post it, but I HAD heard on the network overnight news in the wee hours Tuesday that it was officials that had reported the number wrong. Found something here: The Columbian

Spokeswoman Amy Elliot said she believes some victims were counted twice in the early chaos of the storm. Downed communication lines and problems sharing information with officers exacerbated the problem, she said.

Authorities initially said as many as 51 people were dead, including 20 children.

Aw nevermind...it was probably CBS's fault anyway. :-p :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom