Okay, I want my house back.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I orderd the materials for a 10x20 shed today. Ran out of room in my garage, dinning room and kitchen due to the catering stuff, competition stuff and stuff stuff. Should keep me busy for a week or so. I'll post pics as we go.

Bill so what you're saying is, Kathy threw you out! 8-[ We're family here, you can tell us. :eek:

Larry Wolfe said:
Bill so what you're saying is, Kathy threw you out! 8-[ We're family here, you can tell us. :eek:

1.gif

Bill if I recall correctly that's right next to the rail road tracks right? You think the rumbling will shake the building loose? Might wanna strap that puppy down!

Larry Wolfe said:
Bill if I recall correctly that's right next to the rail road tracks right? You think the rumbling will shake the building loose? Might wanna strap that puppy down!

Man if your building to the codes we have around here, you have no choice but to strap it down!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1zygb9kf]Bill if I recall correctly that's right next to the rail road tracks right? You think the rumbling will shake the building loose? Might wanna strap that puppy down!

Man if your building to the codes we have around here, you have no choice but to strap it down![/quote:1zygb9kf]

Same here Nick, anything over 150 sq ft has got to be strapped down, at least in Fauquier Co., Bill. You also need a building permit for anything 150 sq ft or over. I'm sure it's different in BFE where Bill lives.

No building permit needed for sheds that can be moved. Its kind of like one of those pre built sheds only I am doing the building. IF THEY EVER DELIVER MY LUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Larry, it is right on the railroad property line.

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3mqyn3qy][quote="Larry Wolfe":3mqyn3qy]Bill if I recall correctly that's right next to the rail road tracks right? You think the rumbling will shake the building loose? Might wanna strap that puppy down!

Man if your building to the codes we have around here, you have no choice but to strap it down![/quote:3mqyn3qy]

Same here Nick, anything over 150 sq ft has got to be strapped down, at least in Fauquier Co., Bill. You also need a building permit for anything 150 sq ft or over. I'm sure it's different in BFE where Bill lives.[/quote:3mqyn3qy]

I kid you not, we need building permits for doghouses here. Anything that they can tax you on, they will!

The county here requires permits for anything over 120 square feet when measured from the inside.

The floor is insulated should someone have to break the law and sleep in it due to say.... a Rocky Mountain Blizzard (during deer hunting season).

Three candles will keep it above 50 degrees.. . Anyway, haven't sold one yet... The logs were leftovers from a house that got built.

The "model" shed is about 1/2 mile from where Festus roasted the pigs.
DATsBBQ

Bill The Grill Guy said:
No building permit needed for sheds that can be moved. Its kind of like one of those pre built sheds only I am doing the building. IF THEY EVER DELIVER MY LUMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Larry, it is right on the railroad property line.

Lucky for you Bill. I had my shed built and it can still be moved, but I still needed to get county approval! Bastards!

Am I missing something...don't you usually pour a slab and then build the storage shed on the slab. Granted I never professed to be a construction guy, but just wondering.

In Florida, every shed I saw was on a slab (termites) but in these here parts, I've not seen one on a slab ~ They're all raised 6 to 12" but have a wood floor.

Bruce B said:
Am I missing something...don't you usually pour a slab and then build the storage shed on the slab. Granted I never professed to be a construction guy, but just wondering.

Bruce I thought the same thing as well. But when the guys built my shed they did it exactly the same way Bill's doing his.

The Joker said:
In Florida, every shed I saw was on a slab (termites) but in these here parts, I've not seen one on a slab ~ They're all raised 6 to 12" but have a wood floor.

*thumbs up* Slab good...it's how we do in CA =D>

Pier foundations at one time were the standard. While many Lenders frown on homes built on pier foundations, sheds are a differenct animal. If you are concerned about varmits go ahead "skirt" the shed. If insects along with critters are the a concern, gather up a bunch of rocks and fill in between the pillars. Alot of the old houses around here have that thing going on.

The real old house didn't even have pillars. They would take two flat rocks, placing one on top of the other then hang the joists off of them. Water doesn't wick from rock to rock and as long as there wasn't a flood, you didn't have to worry about water damage.

DATsBBQ

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom