Old-fashioned chicken noodle soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could make your own chicken stock instead of buying commercial broth. Also, you may like rice better than pasta.

That looks really tasty. To make it more old fashioned, it won't likely be done within 30 minutes. As for seasonings, you can switch them up, but I like the ones she used.

I often make chicken noodle soup using rotisserie chicken. I debone the chicken and use the bones, skin, etc. along with vegetable ends to make the stock boiling for two hours or longer. Strain the broth and then add the diced veggies until they are done. Then add noodles. Personally, I like a broader noodle as it does not get as mushy when storing leftovers. (Now, you can remove noodles when storing leftovers and add them back after reheating.) I add the shredded chicken back in the last 5 minutes of being done.

One thing you *may* wish to try is to add something to add some umami to the soup. A few mushrooms, etc. Also something to brighten it like a splash of lemon juice. Play around with what you like and see what you come up with!

"Old Fashioned Chicken Noodle Soup" starts with Henrietta who has reached the end of her egg laying days and is about to go into the soup pot, thereby giving the family the last of her nourishing love to the family.

it's hard to get chicken carcass in israel

maybe i will try the rotisserie option
Are you sure you live in Israel? Go to any market, any poultry stall, in any town in Israel, and they virtually give carcasses away for just a few shekalim.

I can buy fresh whole carcasses, backs, necks, feet, whatever I want, from one of the half dozen or so poultry stores in the market in my nearest town.

both
there were some messeges here that got deleted
There are plenty of places on the internet where controversial or offensive posts don't get deleted. If that's what you want, you should try to find those places. There are lots of people who don't want to see that stuff. There are lots of people who like to be able to get away from that stuff some of the time.

As to the controversial posts that you say were deleted here, were the offensive? Did they attack another person here? Did they say horrible racist, sexist, homophobic, or other things of that type?

... missing posts . . . methinks this is likely 'user error' - I follow this board everyday, and I don't see "holes" in the threads. the view option of "all posts" and "recent posts" do not produce the same results....

meanwhile back at the topic-ranch . . .
DW loves rotisserie chicken - the fate of the carcass is 'home made chicken soup'
as is the carcass of any fresh chicken that gets boiled or roasted in my kitchen....

first, strip and reserve any meat left.
then gently simmer down the carcass in water - no stock required - for 3-4 hours with a batch of vegetables.
cool (overnight), de-fat, re-warm, manually strip the goodies from the bones.
you should get a gelatin rich result:
IMG_2523.jpg

discard the "used vegetables" - they've given their all . . .
purists may wish to strain the stock, I don't.
bingo!! automatic homemade 'don't get no better' chicken stock . . .

seasonings depend on chicken source - ie rotisserie needs less, boiled fresh needs more.
my list of options:
baked chicken - cumin
chicken - sesame seeds, tarragon, turmeric
chicken baked - cumin
chicken cacciatore - oregano, parsley
chicken dishes - basil, curry powder
chicken or meat pies - savory
chicken salad - basil, cumin, marjoram, sage, tarragon
chicken soup - tarragon, thyme
chicken stock - bay leaf, thyme
chicken, roasted - cumin, tarragon, rosemary
chicken, sauteed - cumin, sage
roast chicken - rosemary
roasted chicken - cumin, tarragon, rosemary
sauteed chicken - cumin, sage

prep sliced carrots, onions/leeks/shallots, celery diced, beans of choice - green/lima/pinto/navy/white/lentil/chickpea/ etc + any other vegetables that strike your taste fancy....

bring the stock to a light boil, add vegetables starting with longest cooking first.
as it finishes, add noodles at -10 minutes
add chicken meat at -5 minutes

no, it's not instant chicken noodle soup - it's good chicken noodle soup.

There are plenty of places on the internet where controversial or offensive posts don't get deleted. If that's what you want, you should try to find those places. There are lots of people who don't want to see that stuff. There are lots of people who like to be able to get away from that stuff some of the time.

As to the controversial posts that you say were deleted here, were the offensive? Did they attack another person here? Did they say horrible racist, sexist, homophobic, or other things of that type?
i can't know about all the messages that posted here because i got an email notification of only two that looked acceptable from my view point........

can you name an online place more 'liberal'? i don't know about such place.

the internet is a place people can only talk about 'cute' things in 'cute' ways and that misses its point..

i don't think there are a lot of people who want it that way if they knew what it means to humanity....

no. various forums have various subject matters.
and most forums do to go to "discussions" aka "arguments" aka name calling aka "flame wars" on certain topics. sex, religion, politics are the usual.

if you wish to engage in hard core hate messaging, this is not the place.

i can't know about all the messages that posted here because i got an email notification of only two that looked acceptable from my view point........

can you name an online place more 'liberal'? i don't know about such place.

the internet is a place people can only talk about 'cute' things in 'cute' ways and that misses its point..

i don't think there are a lot of people who want it that way if they knew what it means to humanity....
Twitter. You can post all sorts of controversial, rude, and hateful stuff there. However, you will probably get a lot of rude and hateful replies. There might be a few thoughtful replies. I know there are other places, but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Back
Top Bottom