Old Venting Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss Tanya... sorry to hear about your Mother in law... blessings to you and yours

And now back to my regularly scheduled programming of LAMEVILLE and All The Lame Stuff That I Go Through.... and I so wanted to say something other than "Stuff" but I gave up swearing online for Katie E.....

Everything is FINALLY! coming out ok with the Pack... (pardon the pun) jeez! Sooo glad that is over... now I've got a spider bite in my EAR - I'm not even sure exactly where in my ear, but I am very sure that it's darn irritating, but not so much that I'd seek a doctor's opinion - again, just LAMENESS - slight whooshing noise in ear, itchy (read: IRRITATING cause you can't satisfy that itch) and slightly "hot".... I am so going to bed NOW! Tomorrow is another day... nitey nite!

Last edited:
OK, inspired by Brooksy's bad day yesterday I thought I would post this thread for folks to vent those petty things that make us nuts.

Mine is sewing related. My thread keeps breaking, my bobbin ran out and when I tried to refill it the stupid thing went flying somewhere across the room and the thread wound around the post instead. ARGH!:angry: So, I am here for a few minutes to regain my composure and stop swearing at the machine.

It is probley old and dry rotted. Replace it. I haven't sewn in years, but I am very familar with this problem, even thread should have a born on date:LOL:

my babe went to florida fer 5 days. in a way i'm relieved to be on my own fer like 5 days! isn't that awful of me. i miss him, though! dinner was lonely without him.

It is probley old and dry rotted. Replace it. I haven't sewn in years, but I am very familar with this problem, even thread should have a born on date:LOL:

went through a similar problem just today. yesterday had problems filling bobbin yesterday. am teaching my gd to sew. didn't think i had any other bobbins so off to joanns for new one.

went to fill new one and machine simply would not do. then i noticed the bobbin had no little spring loaded tip in center. even though i asked sales person if these were universal bobbins.

went on a big hunt for some old ones. found two. was afraid i might have same problem and one of the found bobbins had blue thread on it , though darker than what we were using.

so used it anyway, so stay tuned to see if gd can use it. then thread stop came flying off, then i dropped it twice and had to retrieve it . hopefully is ready to sew, i did test on scrape fabric so hope we are ready for next lessons, she is making a simple dress. of course there is a deadline. people that don't sew, always think it is faster than it is. lol

babe:cool:

I read somewhere that you can "revive" old thread by putting it in the freezer for a couple of days. It was something about the thread drying out over time. I don't know if it works, though.

I've found that true, too, Babe. People somehow want to believe we can just "whip up" a perfectly fitted dress in a couple of hours! Not me - I'm a slow sewer. (Maybe too many coffee breaks.)

ok so the last of my clients is coming in a few minutes. I was able to visit with my "families".Thought everything would be smooth sailing and then get an e-mail from my brother that my 81 year old father is in the hospital for a plethora of reasons and is recieving a pacemaker today and an emergency colonoscopy tomorrow. My father has had colon cancer (as well as prostrate) in the past and it is probably back.The hospital that my father is in is the same hospital that Jimmy's surgery will take place.So I'll go see him tomorrow after Jimmy's pre admits.I'm not very close to my father and I feel bad about that but, a long time ago I had to accept the situation in order to move forward. I do love him and wish him no ill will-he's not a bad person just lacked a lot in the parenting department.OK no more of this.I will keep repeating my mantra- Things will work out the way they're supposed too."Love and energy, Vicki

sorry to hear about your father's latest problems, Vicki-------hopes all works out for him and that Jimmy's surgery goes as well as I know it will........take care----here's thinking about you!!! :) I know that you'll keep us updated.....

Vicki, as long as you have no ill-will toward your father, I think you can be at peace with your lack of warm feelings for him. Remember, love and warm, fuzzy feelings at some point must be earned. Sadly, he didn't manage to do this. Right now, the man you share your life with needs you to be strong and healthy for him, emotionally as well as physically. Put your energies there and don't feel bad about what you do or don't feel for your dad. As you said, it will all work out in the end. Until we hear from you, prayers will go out for you and Jimmy and your dad, too! Big Hugs for you too, Sweetie!

Vicki,
we talked about dad a long time ago,when you sent that beautiful tape of your daughter singing..You encouraged her to sing and she did it and it was beautiful..now take some of that and encourage yourself to wish your dad good health and that you care about and for him, then turn your attention to Jimmy and the life you two have shared..Seems to me he has been you support and the one who loves you with no strings, he just loves you and your family..That frees you to give your dad some affection and sooths away the hurt..Your dad has my prayers as does Jimmy, you and your family.
kadesma

vicki, i'm sending ALL of my thoughts and energy to you and jimmy, and your dad, that everything goes well.

i'm glad you can see the larger picture in all of this. just try to keep that in focus.

I'm thinking of you Vicki and sending all of my prayers so that all goes well. Hugs to you dear.

Yesterday was another hard day for my son. He had a follow-up appt with the surgeon and got three needle aspirations done on the neck due to a lot of swelling. He has two incisions and got the stitches removed. He got lightheaded from the anxiety and pain (and so did I but I had to be strong for him). He goes back Monday morning again for more fluid removal. Argh! I wish post-surgeries were easier. I hate to see my boy go through pain. I hope Monday is easier on him.

Oh no, Dina! That poor boy has really been through it the past couple of months. I think it's especially hard for young men his age because they often feel like they have to "suck it up" and be macho. I really hope the swelling and fluid collection subsides this weekend. Keep us posted and give him a hug from me. One for you, too!

I'm so sorry to hear about your son Dina. I think watching you child go through pain is worse than the pain itself. You just feel so helpless. I'll be praying for your son, you and the rest of your family.

jake brought his deer's poor mug here & wants to hang him on my wall. he's out of his dagnabbin mind if he's gonna try to ruin my decor with a deer. not today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom