Olive oil on Bamboo Cutting Board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, in order to take a nice picture of the board, I would have to clean the kitchen and put away all the junk on the counters. I will get to that right after I plant the garden, wash the windows. . . . . .

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I dont like the idea of using mineral oil. I use olive oil, mother natures best, when my 6 year old beech wood board starts to look dry I put a little olive oil on some kitchen roll and rub it in, then wipe off any excess. It doesnt go sticky unless you use too much. After that I go back to washing it as normal until it starts to look dry again.

I dont like the idea of using mineral oil. I use olive oil, mother natures best, when my 6 year old beech wood board starts to look dry I put a little olive oil on some kitchen roll and rub it in, then wipe off any excess. It doesnt go sticky unless you use too much. After that I go back to washing it as normal until it starts to look dry again.

You risk some degree of rancidity when using any kind of vegetable oil.

I've never oiled my bamboo boards (I have three), they are just as pristine as when I bought them, and I have a pretty heavy hand and use a huge knife.

If I do decide to rub them down with mineral oil, should I wash them with mineral water first?

Seriously, I would never consider using anuy vegetable or animal oil on a wooden cutting board or utensil. It will go rancid.

I've had two bamboo cuttings boards for over a year, and I've never oiled them. They are just fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom