Oops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueMoods

Cook
Forgot to post my intro it seems. Been here a while, mostly lurking. I am a gardener/farmer, I hunt, fish, love to cook. I can and preserve foods, do all of my own butchering, etc.. I worked in food service for 5 years, in California before moving to Arkansas to become a farmer.

Forgot to post my intro it seems. Been here a while, mostly lurking. I am a gardener/farmer, I hunt, fish, love to cook. I can and preserve foods, do all of my own butchering, etc.. I worked in food service for 5 years, in California before moving to Arkansas to become a farmer.

If I read one of your previous posts correctly....you mentioned share cropping and sharing meat/fish as well. (if I have the right person) This is fascinating to me. How did you find a situation like that?
Here we mostly barter anything in excess, then give to the food bank.

Welcome to DC. I too am interested in your sharecropping endeavor. I thought that went out years ago.

If I had a bucket list, the first thing on it would be to live on a farm. I lived on one as a child and loved every minute of it. From picking fresh veggies from the kitchen garden for a snack to feeding the animals. Even taking the trip in the fall with the pigs for slaughter.

Back
Top Bottom