Orange Cranberry Quick Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spice1133

Senior Cook
This is such a good tasting bread, my husband loves it. It's not too sweet and is the perfect morning snack.

Orange Cranberry Quick Bread
1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
2 eggs
3/4 cup orange juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
2 Tbsp. sugar (for top)
1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind (for top)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.

Hand mix sugar, flour, soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
Add pecans and 2 teaspoons orange rind.

In another bowl, mix egg, orange juice and mayonnaise well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Then add cranberries.

Spoon into loaf pan. Sprinkle top with 2 TBS sugar and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind.

Bake for 55 minutes. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes more. Cool on wire rack.

we have orange cranberry muffins at work... if this tastes anything like them i will be making it alot lol

Middie, I like it a lot because I'm basically lazy and and the cranberries in this go in whole. It really is a good bread, we have a neighbor who has cranberry bogs and he always brings us big bags of them in the fall, and I've tried a lot of recipes and we think this one is the best.

It sounds so absolutely yummy!!!
Do you have any suggestions for those of us who don't have fresh cranberries around, except for 6 weeks over the holidays?

I'm glad you all like the recipe. Let me know how you like it, if you make it. I don't know if reconstituted dry cranberries would work but they might. I wonder if soaking them in orange juice and then using the juice left over in the recipe might work. I might even be tempted to try whole berry cranberry sauce in it. I'm pretty good at following a recipe but am not very innovative. Maybe one the the great chefs on this board could help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom