Ordering up a side of nutrition info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know, I've always wondered why they don't do that. I think they should have been required to do this a long time ago.

kleenex, I think that the federal government has something like this going as well. They have asked for the same nutritioinal information on packaged foods be on menus. Some already have limited info, especially on the so called health foods. Strangely enough, the 'salads' or low cal stuff the fast food guys are pushing has more calories and fat than the burger and fries. GMA did a research on this with Sara Moulton last year and it was surprising in most cases the burger was less, in which case the salads would probably not be eaten by people looking for lo-cal. I was shocked to learn that my favorite appetizer at Chili's, their awesome blossom, had, can hardly say it, 2800 calories. Have not had one since.

I think it's about time! The more information people are provided the better; maybe it will nudge them into making better choices about what they eat.

It's pretty simple as to why they don't do it voluntarily now ~ so you don't have to awknowledge that the BigMac you just wolfed down has about 30g of fat and your large side of fries 25g. /shudder

Look here for more artery clogging facts straight from the horses mouth. =P

;)
Z

I agree that restaurants should have information regarding the nutritional content of their menu items but I think it sould be done voluntarily and if a restaurant refuses, leave it to consumer advocacy groups to apply the pressure. God knows there are plenty of those around. In this day and age, we should all know that anything coming from a food establishment is most likely not good for you. Do we really need more bureaucracy to deal with something as simple as common sense? Just my two pennies. :D

I have seen fast food joints with nutritional info posted in the restaurants on large posters. Of course, all that info is on their websites.

Andy M. said:
I have seen fast food joints with nutritional info posted in the restaurants on large posters. Of course, all that info is on their websites.

I bet if you walk into some McDonalds stores you will not see the nutritional information up to look at or even to take home today.

If you goto this website:
http://www.quiznos.com/

You will easily see this fast food chain skimp on nutritional information.

Personal responsibility of the company is just as important as the personal responsibility of the person.

Back
Top Bottom