Ottawa Smoked to the bone Competition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Well we are just packing up and heading out. It is 2:15 am here and we are driving to Ottawa (ugh 6 hours) to judge the competition today and then tomorrow for our last CBA sanctioned amateur (just ribs) contest before we enter the pro competitions in 2 weeks.

I am looking forward to seeing all of the teams and trying some good Q. Also hoping to pick up some pointers and learn a bit.

Wish me luck and have a great weekend everyone.

Well it was fun to judge on Satrurday. Had some of the best brisket on the planet. Truly the brisket was incredible for quite a few teams. One of the nicest parts of the day was to see a couple of other posters from this forum take home some prizes: Bubba - Q (from bbqtalk.ca) take the 1st in chicken. Then much to his shock kimnal (Allan) took 3rd in brisket. I was so proudof these guys and all of the other Teams and I was happy for the Swines and Bovines team for their overall win.

It was cold rainy and completely miserable all day Sunday to cook in. I was extremely disappointed in my ribs and how they ended up. About 3/4 the way through I just knew they were not my best.

I placed 3rd. Nuff said.

You both did great , congratulations for a job well done!

Let me also share something that my friend Danielle/DivaQ forgot to tell you. In a true act of class, DivaQ gave her prize to 2 young ladies (not sure of their age...maybe 7 and 9???) who competed in the same group as DivaQ. I know that made their day Danielle!!!

You make this art/hobby/sport/addiction/passion/obsession proud!

Bubba-Q said:
You both did a great job, congratulations for a job well done!

Let me also share something that my friend Danielle/DivaQ forgot to tell you. In a true act of class, DivaQ gave her prize to 2 young ladies (not sure of their age...maybe 7 and 9???) who competed in the same group as DivaQ. I know that made their day Danielle!!!

You make this art/hobby/sport/addiction/passion/obsession proud!

DivaQ competed in the KidsQ event...man, I mean she looked young when we met but man I could of swore she was over 21. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
DivaQ competed in the KidsQ event...man, I mean she looked young when we met but man I could of swore she was over 21. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

LMAO!!!
we're prepping her to move up to the amateurs...not ready yet :shock:

Back
Top Bottom