Our pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is so sweet of you to take care of this kitten.

Can you tell how many teeth the kitten has? Decades ago, they used to say that kittens should stay with their mothers at least six weeks and until they had at least two pairs of teeth. I know the recommendation is for longer now. But, the number of teeth will give some idea of the age.

That is so sweet of you to take care of this kitten.

Can you tell how many teeth the kitten has? Decades ago, they used to say that kittens should stay with their mothers at least six weeks and until they had at least two pairs of teeth. I know the recommendation is for longer now. But, the number of teeth will give some idea of the age.

Now isn't a good time for me to push my luck...
Kitty just got a bath. She is able to eat small kitten dry food.
If that helps any.

Checking her out while bathing. She's injured. :(

Her back right paw pad the largest one is raw. Pink raw.
Not sure if the blood in the basin was from that or from her body where the fleas were chomping at her.

what to do now? Neosporin?

Thank you everyone for the help of this kitten.
She had her spa day in my bathroom basin. Dawn really did the trick.
Last night she was feeling so good. Much happier, playful little thing ;)
Every time I got up in the middle of the night she was zonked out.
That was probably the first good nights she's ever had.

I doubt I'll be able to keep her.People keep telling me the reasons why I can.
Reality says differently. :ermm:
She really cleaned up pretty,a real beauty. Adopting her out probably won't be a problem.

So again thank you all for the help

Munky.

*Update...
It's been pretty busy around here these last few days trying to find this kitten a home. No luck.
Since I've been the one caring for her. Reading up on the kitten lady's website. I was able to determine her age she's estimated at 8 weeks.
Tiny little thing.

<---- Guess who now has a cat?:huh::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:
I've named her Smokey. Open to suggestions. Vet appointment has been made to have her fully examined, vaccines and get her fixed. Pronto on that one!

Now to set up a Go Fund Munky page...:LOL: I can't afford this.
It was meant to be. The dogs love her.:mrgreen:

*Update...
It's been pretty busy around here these last few days trying to find this kitten a home. No luck.
Since I've been the one caring for her. Reading up on the kitten lady's website. I was able to determine her age she's estimated at 8 weeks.
Tiny little thing.

<---- Guess who now has a cat?:huh::ohmy::LOL::ROFLMAO:
I've named her Smokey. Open to suggestions. Vet appointment has been made to have her fully examined, vaccines and get her fixed. Pronto on that one!

Now to set up a Go Fund Munky page...:LOL: I can't afford this.
It was meant to be. The dogs love her.:mrgreen:

Let me know, I can help a little!

Contact your local animal shelter. They often have vets that will assist with medical needs of rescue kitties. Both of ours are rescues.

Shelters in California are overrun right now due to wildfires. I doubt any vets have a "free" moment, which is sad.

We have been tryimg to get a vet out to see one of our horses.

Same thing. Lots of emergency calls due to the wild fires and evacuations.

Smokey is doing great!
She liked that name best, so were keeping it.
Was finally able to get her to our vet. They have been extremely busy with all kinds of pets and livestock visits.

Smokey was given a clean bill of health. She's now about 10 weeks old. Started her on the vaccines.
She will not be able to get fixed until she is 6 months old. They would have done it at 8 weeks if the cat was going to a shelter.

I caught a break on the cost. That was a nice surprise.
Paid in full for everything she will need right down to getting her chipped.
The guys are spoiling her. Cat nip plants, toys, posts to scratch on.
Poor Butters is now head shy...Smokey dive bombs him from the top.
He's loving it.:LOL:
Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom