Oven or Stove Top cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennifer75

Senior Cook
Which are you stronger at? Which do your prefer? Which do you fear most? Are you great at both?

Personally, I'm better on the stove top, where I can stir, taste, touch up, etc. In the oven, it's such a "closed door policy". LOL

>>Which are you stronger at?
yes.
>>Which do your prefer?
yes.
>>Which do you fear most?
yes.
>>Are you great at both?
yes.

>>In the oven, it's such a "closed door policy".
that's why they call 'em "oven mitts"

cakes (early on) and souffle are the two "thou shalt not open the oven" items - otherwise I routinely scoop out pan juices for tasting / lop off a chunk for doneness, poke the veggies to see if they're soft, whatever!

It's kind of a matter of using the right tool for the task at hand. I don't have any more problem with using one than I do the other. It's the things that I use the oven for that are the problem sometimes. :LOL:

I would have to say the oven, since I like baking (cakes cookies anything sweet). For a meal I would rather stick something in the oven than work at something on the stove. It's just easier to my way of thinking.

It's not a case of being stronger or fearing one or the other. I've been cooking for 50 years; I'm comfortable using the appropriate equipment to achieve the desired result.

That said, because I live where the weather is hot all year 'round, I usually prefer to use the stovetop. The oven heat up the house too much, and I have to turn up the air conditioning.

It's not a case of being stronger or fearing one or the other. I've been cooking for 50 years; I'm comfortable using the appropriate equipment to achieve the desired result.

I've only been cooking for 45 years, but ITA!

Back
Top Bottom