Palm Sunday dinner..3/25/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many years ago was that routine CG? There's no real need to abide by the dark now...
Um, Kayelle, I think you missed these key words from my post...
...It may not work for anyone else, but...This schedule works for us for now...
I'm not asking you to become a night person, right? I was a die-hard morning person before we married. I'd wake up to the "click" of the clock radio 10 seconds before the music started to play. I knew before we married that Himself was not a morning person. He's been interested in astronomy since before he could pronounce the word. He got his first telescope when he was eight. The one he owns now fits into a foot locker bigger than either of our Dads' Army ones. The very act of stargazing requires...dark skies. WHEN we have reasons for being up earlier, we'll change. Until then, I'll just keep sneaking up the time I get up and make noise, and the time I fix dinner, and the time I go to bed. He'll have to get with that routine eventually. :brows:

SO and I are both retired. There is absolutely no need to get up early, eat dinner early and go to bed early unless that's what we prefer. We sleep late and go to bed late. Dinner is consistently around 7:30PM. We make appointments for the middle of the day because that lets us sleep late and avoid heavy traffic hours.

Our families can't seem to deal with this as they are mostly on the early schedule. We stopped answering SO's daughter's calls at dinnertime. She's been told what our schedule is.

SO and I are both retired. There is absolutely no need to get up early, eat dinner early and go to bed early unless that's what we prefer. We sleep late and go to bed late. Dinner is consistently around 7:30PM. We make appointments for the middle of the day because that lets us sleep late and avoid heavy traffic hours.

Our families can't seem to deal with this as they are mostly on the early schedule. We stopped answering SO's daughter's calls at dinnertime. She's been told what our schedule is.
Key words, in bold.... One joy of retirement is doing what we prefer... That's why I'm looking forward to having our own living arrangements... :)

Ross

It is Waffle day! We had waffles.. well for lunch, lots of lovely waffles. We had smoked sausage with mash for dinner.

I will be so pleased when Jeannie and I have our own apartment. Love the kids but, I'm accustomed to earlier meals, etc.. Eating at 7 or 8PM is not my cup of tea.. I just hope some people move from the apartment complex soon.. We are #3 on the wait list.. :ermm:

Ross

Not my cuppa either, Ross. I usually have dinner very early - sometime around 5, often earlier than that. Today I was done with dinner and had the kitchen cleaned up by 3:30. :)

Hopefully the timing is good between when Jeannie arrives and you moving up to #1 on the wait list for your apartment! Fingers crossed for ya. :)

I ate my Sunday steak dinner at around 9 PM.

I used to be an early morning riser, and was in bed by 10 PM. Now... not so much. I get up at the crack of dawn when I need to do so to do a job, but if I'm not working on any given day, I get up when I get up.

Likewise, I sometimes get sleepy at 10 PM, and go to bed. Other times, I may not get sleepy until 2 AM. Now that summer is coming, the best time to sit outside on my patio will become later and later. By July, it may not be comfortable on the patio until almost midnight.

So, whatever works for you is best. I've read that the richest people in the world only sleep four or five hours a night -- on a rigid schedule. Well, I guess I'll never be one of the richest people in the world. :LOL:

CD

Back
Top Bottom