Pam For Baking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otter

Sous Chef
Has anyone tried Pam For Baking? Is it better than the alternatives to the extent where I should add another item to the pantry?

Haven't tried it. Isn't this the stuff that also has flour in it, thereby greasing and flouring in one well-aimed spritz?

I prefer to use the wrapper that butter comes in or a paper towel and some neutral oil.

I use a commercial product called Bakelene. It's a non-alcohol spray that contains starch.

I tried consumer retail products in the past and have not been happy with them.

The Bakelene works like magic. I have an intricate bundt cake pan that was almost impossible to use the old way, spreading the grease with waxed paper. With the spray stuff, it's a simple task and the cake just falls right out without any sticking.

If you can't find Bakelene, try the Pam stuff. It might be an improvement over the consumer stuff I bought a few years ago.

BTW, Bakelene comes in two forms. One for cakes and the other for bread, so pay attention to which one you're buying.

I use one called 'Baker's Joy' (I think); The only time I really use it is when I'm doing a bundt cake - lots easier to get in all those little crevices!

marmalady said:
I use one called 'Baker's Joy' (I think); The only time I really use it is when I'm doing a bundt cake - lots easier to get in all those little crevices!

Marmalady, that's what I use. I'd like to try the pam though & see which one I like best.

Crews, I guess it would depend on whether the recipe called for just a 'greased' pan or a 'greased and floured' pan, as to wether you'd use Pam or Baker's Joy.

Back
Top Bottom