Pantry staples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two songs that every kid used to know growing up was the Vegemite jingle and the Aeroplane Jelly jingle.

"I love aeroplane jelly, aeroplane jelly for me..."

actually i hate jelly/jello with a PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but u know

"We're happy little vegemites as bright as bright cane be, we all enjoy our vegemite for breakfast lunch and tea" hahahahahaha

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Port Wine Delight or Cool Lime?

for some reason i actually have a box, even though i hate it with a passion of the Port Wine one LOL i think i was going to try jello shots as i kept reading about people who hate jelly but like those LOL

Got to add the alcohol to it then. Should have used it in your dinner party then if you don't like it! Now you'll just have to make a trifle so the jelly flavour doesn't come thru so much!

We tend to buy alcohol as we want it rather than keeping a full bar. Mostly because if it is there, we would drink it.

I'm trying to remember what we kept on hand when we lived in a trailer. Minimum storage. spices, maybe a dozen at the most, which trust me, was cutting back. We gave up salt and pepper except for kosher salt and peppercorns (and we've never gone back) Thyme and sage. Lawry's seasoning, and Cavendar's.

We always had a can of tomatoes and one of tomato paste. There was always a can of beans of some kind. There was always some kind of pasta, and some kind of rice. Always some sort of dry chicken stock. The latter is a real staple to me; over the years I've found different brands depending on where I've lived. I use it in place of salt in some dishes, make rice or pasta with it.

Being from a military family, we know about this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom