Peach and Chipotle Jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bookbrat

Senior Cook
This is a favorite. Yummy with cream cheese on a wheat thin, in cheddar thumbprints, and it makes a great grilling glaze. I have a friend who slathers it on ham before baking. I have a picture if I could just find the cable for my camera...

[FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=comic,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Peach Chipotle Jam

4 cups chopped ripe peaches -- unpeeled
2 tablespoons lime juice -- or lemon juice
5 cups sugar
1 - 2 tablespoons chopped canned chipotles in adobe sauce (depending on how hot you want it)
1 package dry pectin

Process peaches, lime juice and chipotles in food processor until finely chopped. You should see red flecks of peach skin and peppers and peach pieces should be very small.

Bring to a boil and add pectin, stirring constantly. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil one minute. Remove from heat and skim foam if necessary. Let the jam cool a bit before jarring, stirring occasionally, until pieces are evenly suspended.

Ladle into clean hot jars and process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes at 0-1000 ft., 15 minutes above 1000 ft., and 20 minutes above 6000 ft.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Makes five-six 8-ounce jars
[/FONT][/FONT]

whoo baby! peach jam is a level of happiness. add some chipotle and it sounds like you go to another level.

i think this would be good on everything from pretzels to grilled chicken breasts.

thanks, booker.

Back
Top Bottom