Peaches and chicken...any ideas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hislittlewoman

Assistant Cook
good morning all!!

I got some BEAUTIFUL and delicious peaches at the farmer's market yesterday. I also have some boneless skinless chicken breasts. anybody have any ideas on how to use them together? because I'm completely at a loss :)

YOu could substitute the apricots in Apricot Chicken for peaches.

You could also turn the peaches into a chutney and serve with the chicken. Or make a peach salsa to put on top of the chicken.

But if you didn't want to combine them, you could use the peaches to make a peach danish, or a peach clafoutis, or poach the peaches in wine and serve with a chocolate sauce and icecream.

As to how to treat the chicken if you went for a solo dish (or even with the chutney or salsa ideas), well the sky is the limit! Stuff with brie, or spinach and sundried tomatoes, or just simple roast, or cook in the bag style, etc

I don't know what else you have in the house but this might be something you'd like to try.butterfly the chicken and pound it thin. Take 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice and dip your chicken in it and set aside.Take one large package cream cheese and mix it with 1/3 c finely chopped green onions use some green and white 1/2 tea. chopped tarragon,salt to taste. you will need 12 slices bacon...Put about 2 TAB of the mix on the chicken, roll and then wrap with the bacon. Secure with a toothpick Place on a buttered baking dish bake at 350 uncovered 30-40 min. Any pan juices I add some white wine to and a pat of butter mix well and pour over the plated chicken, sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve. The peaches you could make a cobbler or pie. I think being its grilling time, I'd marinate them a few minutes in some white wine or cider and brown sugar then grill and serve with a dollop of mascarpone,sour cream or whipped cream.
kadesma:)

Both chicken and pork go very well with fresh fruit. The peaches can be easily used with the chicken if you so desire. For instance, you could make a sweet & sour sauce with them. Here's a basic recipe for peach sweet & sour sauce.

4 peaches, peeled, pitted, & diced
1/4 cup brown sugar
Apple cider vinegar
1 medium onion, minced
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 cup water
1 tbs. Kikoman Soy Sauce
1/8 tsp. ground ginger
2 tsp. cornstarch

Place everything but the peaches and vinegar into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. When the onions are softened, taste the mixture. It should be sweet, but not cloyingly so. Add the peaches and poach for 15 minutes. Again, taste the sauce. It should taste sweet and fruity. Correct the seasoning to get a ballance of flavors between the brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. You should be able to discern each on your tongue. Finally, add the vinegar, a little at a time. Stir and taste. You'll know when you have enough. It well be tart, but not overly so, and the other flavors will still present themselves loud and clear on your palate. Bring everything to a boil and combine the cornstarch with 2 tbs. water in a small bowl, stirring until the cornstarch and water make a smooth slurry. Slowly pour this into the boiling sauce, stirring as you pour. Stir for 1 minute more and remove from heat.

The chicken can be cubed, and stir-fried with with snow-peas, bias sliced carrot, bias sliced celery, chopped onion, salt, garlic, and a half-dash of Chines 5-spice powder. Serve with the sweet & sour sauce, and fluffy brown rice.

Another option is to brown the chicken in oil or bacon grease until cooked through and serve with halved peaches that have been carmelized with brown sugar and garlic, with a fresh slaw on the side.

You can also incorporate the peaches into a barbecue sauce and grill the chicken breasts until done, then brush on the peach-based bbq sauce.

Just a couple of ideas for you.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My favorite way to cook chicken and peaches is this one, which is going into my next cookbook.

CHICKEN AND PEACHES WITH CHIPOTLE

2-4 1/2 breasts with skin (you can use skinless boneless but there will be a bit less flavor)
peach slices, peeled ( or use canned with light syrup)
1-2 diced chipotle peppers in adobo, depending on how spicy you want it
1 large sliced onion
2 garlic cloves minced
chicken base 1 tbs

brown your chicken breasts in a little oil, add onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes until onions are lightly browned, add the chipotle peppers and peaches, if using fresh peaches, you may have to add a little water, and the chicken base. Cover and simmer until chicken no longer pink when pierced with a knife.
Serve over white rice with any remaining sauce on the side.

good morning all!!

I got some BEAUTIFUL and delicious peaches at the farmer's market yesterday. I also have some boneless skinless chicken breasts. anybody have any ideas on how to use them together? because I'm completely at a loss :)

I had the same experience a few years ago, and here's what I came up with:

CHICKEN BREASTS with PEACHES and CHAMPAGNE SAUCE

makes 6 servings

3 cups ripe peaches (about 4 medium-sized) peeled and sliced
9 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
3 whole chicken breasts (about 3 pounds), skinned, boned, halved
sea salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons safflower oil, divided
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
3/4 cup chicken stock
3/4 cup brut Champagne (or other dry sparkling wine)
1 1/2 cups finely chopped shallots

1. Toss sliced peaches with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown, and set aside.

2. In a sauté pan over medium high heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Add the chicken, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika, and sauté for 2-3 minutes on each side. Do not overcook. Remove to a platter and set aside. Drain the peach slices. Add to the pan and sauté for about 2 minutes. Remove to the platter with the chicken. Cover to keep warm.

3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the shallots. Cook until they become translucent. Continue cooking further until they caramelize.

4. Deglaze the pan with Champagne. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits that have stuck to the pan. Reduce liquid to almost a syrup. Add the chicken stock cook until liquid is reduced by almost two-thirds. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter, one at a time. When the sauce is slightly thickened, return the chicken and peaches to the pan and heat through for about 2-3 minutes.

5. Remove chicken to the warm platter. Top with peaches. Serve sauce separately. [If you are serving the plates, begin by putting a little sauce on each plate. Put a chicken breast on top and surround with peach slices.]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom