I've crashed my computer and lost many recipes.
This recipe is from Taste of Home and is wonderful.
Would you have it to share with me?
I tried putting a post on TOH message board but got no response.
1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
2. Beat in the flour and vanilla until combined.
3. Stir in the nuts.
4. Press into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
6. Cool on a wire rack.
7. Increase heat to 375 degrees.
8. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
9. Add sugar, egg and vanilla; mix until combined.
10. Pour over crust.
11. Cut pears into 1/8 inch slices; arrange in a single layer over filling.
12. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over pears.
13. Bake at 375 degrees for 28 to 30 minutes (center will be soft set and will become firmer upon cooling).
14. Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes.
15. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting.
16. Store in the refrigerator.