Pears, blue cheese and walnuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OHHHHHH, frozen croissants are the pits. Try to get them from a bakery, preferably while they're still warm. OMG! Sheer heaven.

EXCEPT! have you tasted the ready-to-bake croissants that come frozen from a French baker courtesy of Williams-Sonoma? They are worth every penny. You pull them from the freezer the night before and bake them fresh yourself for Sunday brunch. (especially if you are dining alone, so you can be a pig! :pig: They are as good as any I have ever had in France. :chef:

EXCEPT! have you tasted the ready-to-bake croissants that come frozen from a French baker courtesy of Williams-Sonoma? They are worth every penny. You pull them from the freezer the night before and bake them fresh yourself for Sunday brunch. (especially if you are dining alone, so you can be a pig! :pig: They are as good as any I have ever had in France. :chef:

But the croissants you're talking about are fresh baked so they would be very good. I'm talking about the ones you defrost and eat. Not so good.

Okay y'all. Here the scoop on the sandwich:

Upside: Very good flavor. I made one with half of a croissant (just had to do it) and the other one with one slice of multi-grain bread cut in half. The taste was wonderful and I didn't leave anything out or add anything.
The gorgonzola is a bit overpowering but for me it was a plus. I love blue cheese. However because there are so many ingredients, I really couldn't taste the bread or croissant.

Downside: It is a very difficult sandwich to eat since you're piling a lot of different things on top of each other. The walnuts need to be crushed and as far as the tomato goes, forget it. They're not in season and they have no flavor, they just add bulk.

The thought ocurred to me that if I made this sandwich as a wrap it would be terrific. Great taste, interesting combination AND ithe stuff won't fall out of it. I give it 4 stars for taste.

Okay y'all. Here the scoop on the sandwich:

Upside: Very good flavor. I made one with half of a croissant (just had to do it) and the other one with one slice of multi-grain bread cut in half. The taste was wonderful and I didn't leave anything out or add anything.
The gorgonzola is a bit overpowering but for me it was a plus. I love blue cheese. However because there are so many ingredients, I really couldn't taste the bread or croissant.

Downside: It is a very difficult sandwich to eat since you're piling a lot of different things on top of each other. The walnuts need to be crushed and as far as the tomato goes, forget it. They're not in season and they have no flavor, they just add bulk.

The thought ocurred to me that if I made this sandwich as a wrap it would be terrific. Great taste, interesting combination AND ithe stuff won't fall out of it. I give it 4 stars for taste.

Great!! Oh, on the croissants.. I generally wouldn't cut all the way through.. help hold it together. I know is great with apples and I like pears more than apples. The cheese even goes better with pears than apple to me. The tomato.. if they are fresh... yummy but really not needed.

Making this as a wrap is GREAT idea... What a great summer lunch...

That is nice to know. I often wondered.

I adore this combination but I'm allergic to the walnuts - what other nut might go well with this as a salad?

I have made this often with rockett/aragula in place of the walnuts- so, rockett, pears and blue cheese. ..very yummy.:rolleyes:
Xcuse me if this has been posted prior in this thread, I havn't had time to read everything yet.

I have made this often with rockett/aragula in place of the walnuts- so, rockett, pears and blue cheese. ..very yummy.:rolleyes:
Xcuse me if this has been posted prior in this thread, I havn't had time to read everything yet.

How do you sub a salad green for a nut? Isn't that like apples and oranges? :huh:

Back
Top Bottom