Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kansasgirl

Senior Cook
I think that peas never get enough credit. Let's help them out!

Peas with Rosemary and Pine Nuts
2 tb Unsalted butter
2 tb Fresh rosemary, minced
1 c Pine nuts
4 Green onions
16 oz Frozen petite peas, slightly thawed
OR
16 oz Fresh peas
1 ts Sugar
Salt & pepper to taste

1.Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute pine nuts until golden and toasted.
2.Add green onions and saute 2 minutes. Add peas, rosemary and sugar to skillet and continue to cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

oh boy - I was looking for a "simple" veggie - and I just found it!!!! Thanks kansasgirl!!!! You have posted some awesome recipes!!!!

This was THE best kansasgirl - I had to print the recipe out for several people. Everyone loved it and I'm so glad I ran across this. It was simple and soooooooooo flavorful!!!! I ended up not reheating it and it was still good at room temp. Even the pea haters loved it!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Oh yeah - I love good reports for my recipes. I made a herbed celery and apple saute that was a HUGE hit!

kitchenelf said:
You will LOVE them!!!!!!! Can't tell you enough how good they are!!

Yeap, reminds me of a cute little ditty I used to say when I was a kid:

I always eat my peas with honey
I have done it all my life
It makes the peas taste funny
But it keeps them on the knife

No clue where I got this, just came to mind talking about peas.

Was just directed here, and it looks great, so I'm going to bump it for the benefit of others too!

Hey Lulu thanks for bumping this up!! Sounds like a super yummy recipe, and we find FRESH peas here at the market... this will be really, really good!!:-p

Never thought of pine nuts and peas in the same recipe... I've got to try this! And I have fresh rosemary on the balcony!

Anybody who's made this, could you telll me if dried rosemary would be alright or if that would be a crime. it's just that we usually don't have fresh rosemary around except for in the summer (we grow it fresh then).
thx!:chef:

Ok, I made this for dinner tonight (using dried rosemary that i attempted to rehidreat by puting in warm water) and it is soo good!!:chef: even myself who is not a huge fan of peas went back for seconds!:stuart:

Thx for the recipe!!

I make this every Thanksgiving and sometimes on Easter - and other times when I want a really special veggie! Yes, I was just discussing this very recipe TODAY in another thread and I said that even pea haters love these!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you found this recipe - it really is one of my favorite finds here!

I really don't think you would need to rehydrate - I think just cooking in the butter would be just fine - I think anyway!

thanks for the recipe!
ok this might be a really stupid question..but regarding the sugar in the recipe.

Is it to sweeten anything or to do something else? I want to make this recipe but my bf HATES sweet stuff in a meal unless its dessert anything with a slight sweet hint (even corn on the cob which i managed to get him to try last again with butter and pepper on it)

This sounds like a simply beautiful recipe.

Peas are a fantastic ingredient that is very often overlooked, people tend to just boil them or whatever and serve them as an afterthought. When done properly, they can easily become the highlight of the plate.

I will try making this later this week. Thanks!

I am not a cooked pea fan.. they are great raw!

However, in keeping with my Try New Things mantra,
I am gonna make these soon.

Pea pea pod pod pod

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom