Peeping Peeps Challenge 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
So this is an idea that came to me while reading the Peeps thread.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f17/peeps-71299.html

A Peeping Peeps challenge. Instead of using Peeps as an ingredient (a cooking challenge), use them as part of the plating / garnish or as an observer of the food either on/in the food.

Example: floating them on crackers in a bowl of tomato soup and maybe some "peeping" over the edge of the bowl. I think you get the idea.

No need to cook a special dish, unless you want to.

You can use them with anything, appetizer, main course, dessert, even a drink. On the plate or on the whole dish (casserole or the platter you set on the table).

Use any kind, color, type, or number of Peeps. I know there are both chicks and bunnies, not sure what other types there are.

Let's see what imaginations, creativity, and humor we have here at DC.

Easter is April 24, so let's make the deadline the 25th so if anyone wants they can do this on Easter.

Submission should be a picture and any description or explanation you might want to provide, but not necessary.

Anyone interested?

And why would you float them?
It's not like they're ducks? :huh:

:LOL:

I don't know. I think I have only seem them in packs of 3 or 5.

Blow torch, Hersey bars, graham crackers and peeps = peepsmores.:ROFLMAO:

Craig

Can you buy just one peeps?

:wacko:

I think I bought some last year for the grand-daughters Easter baskets in individual packages of 5 or 6. They're pretty cheap (ha, ha cheep, cheep :ROFLMAO: ) though.

DD loves peeps so the DGD's have to watch that their mother doesn't eat their peeps!

Karen

Last edited:
As you can see, my Peep Art idea has been taken, so I guess I can try plating with peeps. :)
peep-strippers.html

peep-strippers.jpg

peep-strippers.html

Last edited:
Two reasons I can't participate in this one:
1. I'm diabetic. And how can you resist munching peeps when they're around:LOL:?

Two, I can just see me making a cake shaped like a cat, with a peep in it's mouth. I just watched too much Bugs Bunny as a kid, I guess. "Ain't I a stinker!":ROFLMAO:

But I too would love to see what people put together for this.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Okay, going to chime in here with my idea, just popped into my head this morning - Roast Peepscock. Got to find some blue Peeps now.

Karen

Peeps Online

Found this when I got home...they scattered when I walked in.

Last edited:
I went and bought my Peeps this afternoon...chicks and bunnies.

Did you know they now make chocolate-dipped Peeps!?!?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom