Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Everytime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - absolutely no problem with the cooking method - I do them that way myself.

I just don't see a reason to make a frou-frou about whether they're called "boiled" eggs or "hard-cooked" eggs. June seems to have a problem with the nomenclature.

If you reread the post you took exception to, you should see that she was not making a frou-frou at all. She was agreeing with the method but mentioned that it is hard-cooked and not boiled because it is exactly that difference that makes the process so simple and foolproof. She was not taking anyone to task for mislabeling, just using the word difference to support this way of cooking eggs.

Thats it! I'm turning this car around right now! You will all have to call grandma and explain to her why we are not visiting due to the fact that you cannot just agree that hard boiled and hard cooked eggs are one and the same and its all just a semantics issue. I'm sure she will understand that we are missing her 99th birthday for such an important issue.

LOL! LOL!! LOL!!! Naw, we won't be missing Grandma's birthday over it. It's only important to "chefs" - we little folk really don't care what you call them.

I was going to have one in my salad but then they couldn't tell me if it was cooked or boiled and so I threw my salad against the wall and fled in tears.

LOL!!! I know how you feel. Even though I've been using the "bring the water to a boil & then turn off the heat" method for many years, I've still been calling them hard-boiled eggs for those same many years. Just think - thousands & thousands of eggs going to their demise with an identity crisis.

I was going to have one in my salad but then they couldn't tell me if it was cooked or boiled and so I threw my salad against the wall and fled in tears.

Yeah, I just talked to your Mom and she's very concerned with your emotional outburst. She wants to know, "Just who you think is going to clean up that mess, mister?"!

lol, patty, big daddy and andy.

who woulda thunk breezy would be involved in another ruckus? :LOL:

Actually, Mom was the one who yelled, "and you call this icewater!!!" and whipped her cup at the wall right next to my salad. Dad just sat there very confused.

I don't think we will be invited back to that Aunt's house for quite some time.

sheesh. thought maybe I'd give this site another try. nothing has changed.

How about we agree that how ever we get the egg to the stage we enjoy most is just fine and dandy. just because you hard cook it and hard boil it Does it come out tasting any different, does when chopped or mashed does it look different? How about how it tastes. Am I wrong for hard cooking it? maybe I should be banned from DC for hard boiling it? What difference does it make how I fix the darn egg in my home if my family and friend love the way I do it? You know and so do I we all have feelings and should be allowed to follow how our mothers and fathers have taught us ! It's rude and hurtful to tell another their way is wrong. Wear the coat and see if you like it. I think not. You don't have to agree with me or I you but we can at least respect others points of view. I'm sorry but please knock it off and be the nice people I've come to care about.
kadesma

LOL! LOL!! LOL!!! Naw, we won't be missing Grandma's birthday over it. It's only important to "chefs" - we little folk really don't care what you call them.

Oh, I'm sure "Chef" June just said "Ouch.". Poor thing -- that'll teach her to agree with you anytime soon.

I think I'm going to stick with easy over and scrambled after this joke (or would that be "yolk") of a subthread.

Which is what I said several posts ago. Amen already.

Here's my take: I don't give a you-know-what how anyone else cooks an egg. And I apologize to Andy M. for my snippy reply to him early on. I thought he was being unduly defensive with pulling the Julia card, :) but I realize it was a fairly innocuous post.

But no, BreezyCooking, you said nothing several posts ago remotely related to kadesma's peace-making attempt. You continued, under the guise of "humor," to snipe at and ridicule Chef June for her informative remark, with your disingenuous "LOL! LOL!! LOL!!! Naw, we won't be missing Grandma's birthday over it. It's only important to "chefs" - we little folk really don't care what you call them."

Whoever said that some things never change around here was unfortunately right.

Okay all, we tried humor, we tried compromise... let us get this back on track and on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom