Personality change in the kitchen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DampCharcoal

Executive Chef
I hate to admit it, but I'm Jekyll and Hyde when it comes to cooking. I go from mild-mannered congenial me to a knife wielding psychopath! Anyone else suffer from this affliction?

I say I don't, but I'm sure DH would say I do! I tend to get frustrated and just a tad impatient at times, lament that I'm an awful cook and baker, and then get quite cheery again when all comes out just fine! It tends to be my standard procedure when I'm working through something new.

i prefer to work alone, in the kitchen, as well as the yard and garden. i can concentrate on what i need to do, as well as let my mind wander without the interruptions of making sure the other people "helping" me are doing things the way i want them.

Not really, but remind me not to come for dinner any time soon!

Kidding, I turn into Control Freak...Don't touch my stuff in there.

Alix said:
I turn into Control Freak...Don't touch my stuff in there.

I do too! :twisted:

Don't touch my food or my equipment ------ you will draw back a nub!!!!

buckytom said:
i prefer to work alone, in the kitchen, as well as the yard and garden. i can concentrate on what i need to do, as well as let my mind wander without the interruptions of making sure the other people "helping" me are doing things the way i want them.

Amen to that! :LOL:
Mind you, I still say I'm not a control freak! Or should I say mind me!

Wow, can you imagine all of us getting together to cook a meal? It would either turn out to be the most fantastic culinary creation in the history of man or we'd all be dead inside 20 minutes! :LOL:

I can easily turn into a Slasher in the kitchen. I really like the the feel of the metal mallet when I get this way. It usually happens when somone gets in my way....like my Harlot Wife. She is one of those that starts cleaning as I go along. I mean she cleans and puts stuff away that I am still using. Drives me insane :!:

Bangbang,
Does your wife know that you refer to her as your Harlot Wife....and if so, why are you still breathing? LOL :?

Dove said:
Bangbang,
Does your wife know that you refer to her as your Harlot Wife....and if so, why are you still breathing? LOL :?

Yes....she has some great names for me too. Why am I still breathin?......good question. :LOL:

DampCharcoal said:
Wow, can you imagine all of us getting together to cook a meal? It would either turn out to be the most fantastic culinary creation in the history of man or we'd all be dead inside 20 minutes! :LOL:

I am not that bad Damp! If you know what you are doing with my equipment -- I won't kill you.

Just don't alter my recipe without getting permission!

Hey, choc, been meaning to ask if you have seen "Ray" yet. Over Thanksgiving my folks raved about it and said everyone in it deserves an Oscar.

Yep. New biopic about Ray Charles, with Jamie Foxx as Ray. He looks uncannily like him, too, in the previews I've seen. Parents said they watched something on TV about the making of it (before Ray died), and Jamie would set himself opposite Ray at dueling pianos to get all his moves down.

I have seen the ads for it. It has not come to my town yet! I know it will be a good one!

LOL!!! Choc, I'll play it safe and not touch anything of yours! Besides, I'm a novice compared to you guys so I'd probably just watch and learn! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom