Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hate it when my brain just won't slow down and let me go to sleep.:(

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I’ve been having that problem for quite a long time. It’s stress over everything going on in my life. I’ve tried so many things and nothing works. If you find a way to help this problem please share.

Hoping you get some sleep soon. Sweet dreams.

Every once in a while I take Melatonin. Not often, but especially if I've been stressed and like you say, brain won't turn off.

Trick is to take it early enough in the evening. Because otherwise I just hunker down and want to ignore the dog in the morning... which is not a good idea! :rolleyes:

It does not "keep" me asleep, I still hear external noises, etc. but I can roll over and fall right back to sleep.

In the mornings I'm not angry with myself for not getting any sleep.

I don't take it often and I certainly like it better than other stuffs which may interfere with various meds I take. First suggested to me while in hospital.

What worked for me was to disengage my brain from active thinlking, letting myself be entertained. I first drank a glass of warm milk. That always helps. After that, I put on the headphones and listened to a whole album of Robin Trower, folloed by Damed Yankees, and finally, Uriah Heep. A prayer finished my night, asking for a blessing of good sleep. I went to bed and slept like a baby. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Ginny, I think you one-upped me with your "no water" story. :LOL: I was just trying to rinse dishes. You were trying to rinse...you!

Himself is walking on thin ice right now - which isn't easy to do when your daytime temperature almost reached 90. When I went upstairs this evening, I thought I heard water running through the pipes. I checked my bathroom sink - dry. I thought maybe the toilet tank flap wasn't sitting right - lifted the lid and all was right with that. Well, the only other place to check was Himself's bathroom. When I walked into his bathroom, the sink faucet was running slowly. :glare: Hot water. For at least five hours! He runs it when he combs what he has as hair. Today? He forgot to turn it off before he headed downstairs. :ohmy: He was lucky I didn't withhold his ice cream tonight.

My first thought when I read this was, 'You have a bathroom each? Wow, you are privileged.' We have one bathroom between all of us - at one time 6 people, now just three most of the time.

Gillian

My first thought when I read this was, 'You have a bathroom each? Wow, you are privileged.' We have one bathroom between all of us - at one time 6 people, now just three most of the time.

Gillian
It's not unusual for American homes to have two or more bathrooms, especially those built since the 1970s. I remember the first time I visited DH's house and met his parents when we were dating. His mother showed me the two bathrooms - one for the guys - DH, his dad and two brothers - and one for the girls - his mom and sister. She made sure I understood that the guys were responsible for cleaning their own bathroom and I would be wise to use the other one lol

About the number of bathrooms in North American homes, that's for houses. Here in Montreal, more than one bathroom is not common in apartments or flats, except in the more expensive ones.

Gillian
GilliAnne, I grew up in a one-bathroom house with four adults. I am both blessed and cursed to have one to myself now. When we married, the first home we bought had 1½ baths for three bedrooms and two people. After our first (and second, one minute later) children were born, we eventually moved to a larger, four bedroom/two and a half bath home. Because Himself's family all lived away, we wanted an always available guest room. When we needed to move 600 miles from home because of job relocation, we bought a smaller, 3 bedroom/2 ½ bath house again...but because it IS just the two of us most of the time, I decided to claim the main bath as my own as long as we don't have company. When we do, I share the master bath that is accessed from within the master bedroom. I'd give up this bath of my own in a heartbeat if the kids lived with us, though.

Bathrooms are pretty plentiful in newer construction where we've lived. Even our second apartment had a bath and a half!

I should explain that in North America a 1/2 or 3/4 "bathroom" doesn't have a bathtub. I am used to the convention that 1/2 means there is a toilet and a sink. 3/4 means there is a toilet, a sink, and a shower. In a large part of the world, it can't be a bathroom if it doesn't have a bathtub. It is called a lavatory, a washroom, a toilet, ...

In our area of the world, a 3/4 bath can have a shower or a tub, but doesn't have both. And a "5 piece" bath generally means there is a double vanity...two sinks.

I've heard 5 piece as to mean both. I always asked. 5 piece in an ultra modern new, probably bidet. In a reno, again depending on age of house - double sink.

If I was shopping in Europe I would assume bidet.

When I have trouble sleeping, I play out a story, not really a fantasy, but something that is extremely unlikely to occur in real life and let that play out in my mind. Like winning the lottery or publisher's clearing house or getting a really super job, etc, etc just something really, really good, a continuation of a story line in a book I like that includes me. Works nearly every time.

Last edited:
Football! Here in Texas football is next to church (maybe) as the most important thing in life. The high school football season started last night and there was nothing else on the local news. This morning it was a rehash of the games in local newspapers. College ball starts soon, and the NFL in a couple of weeks.
I'll just retreat to the kitchen and hibernate until this idiocy is done.

Just irritated

More angry right now than irritated.
As if I don't have enough to do this week, being short handed around here.
A family member had the audacity to call my sons worthless/lazy:mad:
When I stuck up for them. Said family member hung up. After I said " You know I don't knock your kids around, why do you feel the need to kick mine around? That really bothers me."

*CLICK*

Then that member txts me and said their phone died will txt me later.
How convenient. Tell me lies, tell me sweet lil" lies.
Dead means not working in my world, yet could txt? I don't think so!

Time for Nanny to step in and send that person to their room with NO supper! Plus an added bonus of Blocked calls.

I hear ya Chef Munky, that's why there a couple of folks I no longer deal with. Their numbers are no longer in my phone contact list, therefore when/if they do call me, I don't answer calls that I don't recognize the number on the Caller Id :glare:

I want vent just a little:

This allergy season his kickin' my bum!!!
Sneezing, burning eyes and today, my nose just won't stop running off my face! It's a good thing years ago I changed brands of facial tissue or I'd have no nose left :LOL:

Munky, there are some people who you just need to cut off. Gratuitous comments about your sons? Telling you lies? Just cut them off. That family member is not someone you need to deal with. I'm sorry you are being irritated by this person, but there is a simple solution.

I hear you guys. Much appreciated. ;)

It's driving that person nuts that I haven't responded to any form of communication. That's really just too bad.
My new cell will only have 3 contacts. 2 for my sons. 1 for my Dr.
Nobody else is invited.
I really have been lately, living up to my signature.
Taking care of business.:cool:

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom