Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And as to the topic of Dental Hygienists, I've only had 4 in my life and 3 of them named Lori.
In school, K-8th grade, we were all given a free cleaning and fluoride treatment. Also, Mom took us to our family dentist twice a year.
I tried so hard to get into DH school, got excepted to Linfield University, but couldn't qualify for any student loans... certainly my parents didn't have that kind of dough ... so I went to Dental Assistant school at the local CC and did that for a number of years.
Of course, this was many, many MANY moons ago.

...If I could suggest Ayr Nasal Gel.
I've used the gel as well as the spray for decades, it works!
A little dab on the end of a cotton swab, swab the inside, and outside if needed, of your nose and it'll help.
I do a similar thing with Vaseline. I have a jar of it that has a faint smell of baby powder - no smell of axel grease like the original. I use my pinky finger to keep the inside of the nostrils moist during heating season. A thin coat just before bed avoids cracked skin (and a bloody nose) in the winter.

BTW @Kaneohegirlinaz, how is your DH feeling these days? I hope things are going well for you both.

I feel for you, @dragnlaw, and I hope that clears quickly! Sounds like what I got this week, starting late Tuesday, and still hanging on, but much better. It was only in the sinuses, and maybe a little bit of a sore throat, from breathing through my mouth, and drying it out. Fortunately, the sneezing wasn't as bad as you described! I use Bounty PTs - tissues weren't large enough, even doubled. I use "Healing Ointment" - the main ingredient in which is Vaseline, which CG recommended, and works very well. Taste was totally gone later on Wednesday, and started returning late yesterday, so the healing has started. I considered myself lucky that this wasn't something that was also in my chest, like so many others seem to be coming down with. I only ate some congee, at first, with some ginger and turmeric, plus some spice teas - not sure if they helped, but they wouldn't hurt, I figured!
Again, get better soon, and get some rest!

1. I have NEVER had the same Dental Hygienist twice... ever! That includes having gone to the same Dentist for over 15 years... and now includes 3 more Dentist.

2 I have a cold... or something. No fever, no aches or pains (other than the normal).
I have a runny nose. A tingle 'up there' that a tissue cannot reach.
My nostrils are raw.
I have finished a box of Kleenix (144 count tissue count) a box of Royal (100 count) another 1/2 box of Royal and various other tissues while passing by.
I have sneezing fits. I stopped counting at 25 in a row.
I cannot walk across the room without running to get another tissue.
Please leave me alone,
No, I do not want any soup.
No, I do not want sympathy.
I want to be left alone.
That goes for you as well Cats, both of you!
Same for you dog... just go away, no, I do not want to play, leave me alone...
I like being miserable all by myself.
Crawl into bed, pull the covers up over your head, drop the tissues on the floor, and try to rest.

I do a similar thing with Vaseline. I have a jar of it that has a faint smell of baby powder - no smell of axel grease like the original. I use my pinky finger to keep the inside of the nostrils moist during heating season. A thin coat just before bed avoids cracked skin (and a bloody nose) in the winter.

BTW @Kaneohegirlinaz, how is your DH feeling these days? I hope things are going well for you both.
@Cooking Goddess I started a new thread to address DH's Journey that I'll update as we go along ...

Thanks for all the wishes and tips guys! It's appreciated! Was much better yesterday morning, by afternoon started up again but certainly not like day 1. Only half way thru box #3 (144 count) and hoping that should be the last, it certainly looks like it might be.

Now I have a dilemma. Supposed to go to my brothers (1.5 hr drive) for their family gingerbread weekend. But they are all just getting over colds. Will I be healthy enough not to pass on a new strain to them? and, will I be healthy enough not to pick-up another strain from them!

I couldn't make it last year due to illness and now this year... do I see a pattern emerging?

Well dang it all!
In all of this hubbub-bub, I had made grilled burger patties that we had for dinner one night and then had two more leftover from that pound of meat --- in all of this chaos over the past month or more, I neglected to put those two leftover patties into the deep freezer, DAMN IT ALL! I hate to waste food, but it was NINE DAYS since I cooked them so into the trash can they went :furious::angry::mad:
Our saving grace, I had marked the container with the date - I might very well have tried to feed that possible food poisoning to us two o_O

LOl, sorry for you loss Kgirl. I know how that grates on the nerves.

Well, I have a new one,.. oh wait, maybe it's not so new... Babysat my other grandchild who was sick.
and guess who has the achy bones, chilly fever, dry hacking cough and miserable... again!

I should never have left the sanctity of the farm. I could count on 1 hand how many times I have been sick in over 25 years. Not even 2 years here and that number has been doubled.

I get my mail in something called a community mailbox. We each have a little compartment with a key. I checked my mail today yesterday. I have a notice to pick up some mail. The only thing that I can imagine it is, is the stamps that I ordered online from Canada Post. It's three packets, less than a total of 30 stamps. They would fit in the danged compartment. I am livid. I'm a senior. Why are they making me go to the post office to pick up my danged stamps? If I wanted to go to the post office to pick up stamps, I would have just gone to the effing post office and bought them then and there. I do not want to mingle with the unmasked masses more than absolutely necessary. (Oops, forgot to hit post yesterday. Found this sitting here, unposted, today.)

Back
Top Bottom