Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh, sorry Munky, didn't realize it was a wall unit!
Well, my response to the insurance was they knew my address when they accpted to insure me. They cannot now say "Oh, we can't do that... you're too far away "
then the simple solution for them and you is that they pay for a counter top toaster oven. (ps, get the biggest one that will take a chicken)

Sorry to read about the FUBAR situation and the lousy handling by the insurance company. I hope you can figure out something. I was thinking something along the same lines as Ginny's suggestions. Sending positive vibes that the situation works out well.

classic reaction to rip off appliance "insurance" schemes.
save the money - you'll come out way ahead.

as they say, Las Vegas was not built on winners.
the House wins - the insurance companies don't pay their overhead by doling out claims.

I had appliance insurance on a portable dishwasher for many years. They came and fixed the dishwasher a few times. I didn't have problem with them at all. It was through Sears. I think it even came with some maintenance. If I hadn't had that appliance insurance, it would have cost me more. I can't say how other appliance insurance works, but we were pleased with it.

The House won.
I bought and paid for a years worth of worthless insurance.
I'm pretty sure there must be someone that you could "report" them to, about this issue. If you can find out who that might be, telling the Insurance company you will report them to them, may be enough to get your cost refunded. Better something than nothing?

I say this because, once upon a time, I was in a similar situation with a vehicle. I found out that the dealer never sent the money to the insurance place. I was told that the DMV would come and close their doors for such activities...I mentioned that I was planning to report them to the DMV, and I got a refund check the next day!

Just saying...

If you still have the policy paperwork, pull it out and look through it. When we purchased the new oven, we initially declined the insurance, but then they sent an offer via email and it a) was more reasonable in cost and b) there was a clause in there that if you didn't use it, they would refund all but about $20-25. We haven't hit expiration of policy yet, as it was for 2 years and didn't kick in until after the 1 year manufacturer warranty so i don't know what, if any, obstacles they will try and throw up. I'm sure they also hope that people will either overlook that clause or simply forget about it over time, but i put the expiration date in my phone calendar so... Anyway, it's worth checking out.

If you still have the policy paperwork, pull it out and look through it. When we purchased the new oven, we initially declined the insurance, but then they sent an offer via email and it a) was more reasonable in cost and b) there was a clause in there that if you didn't use it, they would refund all but about $20-25. We haven't hit expiration of policy yet, as it was for 2 years and didn't kick in until after the 1 year manufacturer warranty so i don't know what, if any, obstacles they will try and throw up. I'm sure they also hope that people will either overlook that clause or simply forget about it over time, but i put the expiration date in my phone calendar so... Anyway, it's worth checking out.
I have the original policy paperwork.
Oh boy. This company is dirty/low beyond low. Very sleazy.
How much trouble would I get into if I write a review of their sleazy ways? That's all I can think of to rectify this situation. Call them out! I didn't go looking for trouble. I was just another D...A.., that thought buying a safety net was a good idea.
It seems to me their looking for more ways to throw a wrench into the spokes while not providing the services to their customers.
"I'm sorry" just isn't cutting it with me.

What a PITA, Munky.

1) Did you use a credit card to pay for it? Contact them and see if they can help.

2) complain to your state Attorney General. They handle consumer complaints.

3) complain to the FTC. It looks like the insurance company is committing fraud.

Keep copies of everything.

Contact the BBB where they are located and see if they have had any luck resolving complaints.

If you leave a Yelp or Google review, just state the facts of your case. In fact, i would go to email for any future correspondence if possible.

Contact the BBB where they are located and see if they have had any luck resolving complaints.

If you leave a Yelp or Google review, just state the facts of your case. In fact, i would go to email for any future correspondence if possible.

I called the BBB. They told me well over 1,800 complaints have been made this year. Out of that 515 were closed in some way. They couldn't say how the discrepancies were settled.
Oh, and to file a complaint with them I have to fill out paperwork that would take a while to complete after they review my case. Months.
They did give me another alternative. I'd still have to do the paper work. Again, months.
Forget it.When the time comes to renew. They won't see a dime from me. What they will get is one not so sweet Badger review from me. I won't hold back. Because frankly I just don't care. They don't.
Today I'll be rereading this thread.

On the previous page of this thread, I vented about what we all are calling "convenience foods".
I was at the market and was browsing the frozen vegetable section.
Whenever I see something that I think my Mom would really like, I buy it.

IMG_2472.JPG

I thought that Mom would really enjoy this and it's so simple to heat.
When I got home and went over my receipt I just about chocked, $5 for a 10 ounce bag of frozen veg ... oh well, it's for Mom and she's best NOT using a sharp knife at this stage of the game.
She'll probably get several servings outta this bag.

I'd like to vent once more please:
I purchased an entire suite of Tupperware® containers back, oh I dunno, 35-40 years ago at a typical Tupperware party at a friends house, she had many side hustles ;)
Anyways, a few of my lids are not airtight any longer and have been trying to get a replacement for them.
One of the reasons I decided to purchase Tupperware products was their "life-time warranty" ... WELL!
I have been trying to get replacements for more than a year now, maybe even two, and this is what their website has had all this time:

TUPPERWARE® WARRANTY​

Please note that we are currently upgrading our warranty system. At this time, we’re unable to process warranty claims and we apologize for this inconvenience.
We expect to be able to begin processing warranty claims soon. Once we reopen our warranty system, you will be able to submit all claims, including those that exist today.

:mad:

I still have some Tupperware my Mom gave me! I guess she just didn't need that many containers for large bags of flour, like I did. lol She sold Tupperware, before we went to Spain, when I was 7 years old. I continued using those really old pieces, that were used for dry ingredients, but got rid of the ones considered unsafe for liquids, especially hot ingredients (or I should say, used them for non-food items, like screws and similar things, in the workshop). I would have guessed they shut that warranty dept down long ago, since they were probably inundated with requests for replacements, of all those old pieces, made of plastic, now considered unsafe, and it would have bankrupt them!

"There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full." ~ Henry Kissinger

^That there^ has been (one of) my signatures for a little while now. Life, apparently, has not gotten the message. I've been saying for years that I want to move back home. I/we have been all talk-no action so far, though. :( Call us old and lazy, I guess.

BUT, since September we have had to replace the roof, the washer "broke" (but Himself "fixed" it by resetting the electronics and circuit board by doing the ol' unplug-wait a bit-plug back in trick - so far, so good), and now the refrigerator is on its last leg. Ugh. Just saw the local repairman off after he told me it needs a new compressor. $1200 or so, and the replacement compressors that LG has been sending out have a flaw and have been failing within the year. *sigh*

Welp, looks like that real estate listing will be having "New Refrigerator!" added to it once we finally get this house up for sale...assuming it's still new enough to call it "new". :ROFLMAO:

Today is fired. I woke up to find out that my mother-in-law died in her sleep last night. We knew the end was near, but we are both still sort of numb.

Then there is our lovely weather with -26°C as the high for the day. Not a big problem and I hope it stays that way. We heat with electricity. Probably most people in Quebec heat with electricity. So, I worry about the electrical grid with all the extra strain.

And DH went to the Bell site to finally upgrade our landline to a touch tone line, rather than the pulse line that we had kept. We were hoping that upgrading to newer infrastructure would give us more a more reliable internet connection. No, we don't have internet with Bell, but our internet provider does use Bell's lines. Now, we don't have internet at all. I am only managing to use the internet because, I'm using phone data. I have set my phone as WiFi hotspot. Normally, I don't use much data and various promotions have given me a decent amount of data, at least considering that it resets on the 9th. Plus, I'm ticked off by the new phone plan. The amount extra that we are paying for a basic, tone phone line, with nothing else has gone up by close to $14/per month. That's more than I pay for a "landline" through the cell network, which has unlimited, Canada wide calling, voice mail, etc. included. I am a very grumpy person at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom