Petty Vents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are soo at the mercy of communications!

Our Wifi keeps conking out. Need to climb the stairs and shake it to get it back. Going tomorrow to fetch a new one. grrrrr

You have my heartfelt sympathies taxy!

Thank you for all the condolences. They do help. She was a sweet, kind woman with a sense of humour. Yes, I'm already remembering the good stuff. I think it will take DH longer.

So today is one of the mornings I can sleep in (no kids for school). I had a bad sleep (not unusual) and 6:05 precise, dog decides she needs to be fed... NOW.

grrrrrrrrrrrr I am still grumbling at her.

Grumble, grumble. Pets, eh?
Yes, she wakes me up at least once a night, and usually several times, to talk to me and get petted. She either meows until I wake up or pats me or licks me, sometimes even giving me a kiss by sticking her cold wet nose to my lips, which is quite a startling way to wake up let me tell you. On nights that she is really persistent, she gets a nonconsensual cuddle snuggle, which generally gives me a few hours of undisturbed sleep afterward.

Early this morning while it was still dark, our male pug either jumped down or rolled off the bed (he does that once in a while because he insists on sleeping beside Craig at the edge of the bed). He woke me up by scratching at my foot that was at edge of bed because he couldn't reach Craig. I get up to pick him up, he's a big boy, close to 40 pounds, not fat, just solid, and the little toot starts running around the bed, wanting me to play with him!

OMG - medtran - I can sooo relate to all that!
One of my cats, Slinky, jumps up within minutes of me lying down, walks around the other pillow meowing until I reach over and pat a couple of times on her head. Just that mind you! If you do more she'll keep bumping you so as to keep you scratching her head.
Other cat, usually early morning, walks across my head, either sits on my pillow (if room) or steps onto the bedside table and sits and stares at me. If I dare to open my eyes, game over he wins. He reaches out and very gently with his paw, pats my face. The unfortunate part is that he does not know how to sheath his claws.... it's painful and jerks you awake - just like your little kisses do!

I lost my humongous tree that transformed my backyard into a shady, urban forest oasis during the summer. The tree covered my backyard with lovely shade. All of my plants love shade. Now it is sunny and bright and...well....ugly. I can see the shopping center behind my house over the brick wall now. I have zero idea what to do with the yard. I won't live long enough for a tree to grow to give me the canopy that I had. Perhaps a mini grove of dwarf fruit trees? I really have no idea. The tree had to be taken down because it was rotting from the inside out and had already dropped a branch that left us without power for two days. The trunk was four feet in diameter. I had babied it for 15 years with cables, etc. in hopes of it recovering and living out a second lifetime with me. Anyhow....ideas are welcome.

I lost my humongous tree that transformed my backyard into a shady, urban forest oasis during the summer. The tree covered my backyard with lovely shade. All of my plants love shade. Now it is sunny and bright and...well....ugly. I can see the shopping center behind my house over the brick wall now. I have zero idea what to do with the yard. I won't live long enough for a tree to grow to give me the canopy that I had. Perhaps a mini grove of dwarf fruit trees? I really have no idea. The tree had to be taken down because it was rotting from the inside out and had already dropped a branch that left us without power for two days. The trunk was four feet in diameter. I had babied it for 15 years with cables, etc. in hopes of it recovering and living out a second lifetime with me. Anyhow....ideas are welcome.
What about planting bamboo? I don't know if that's a good idea. I don't know if it is invasive. I know it grows fast and tall. I know that some people use it in their yards. I have read that in some environments it can become invasive. I just thought I would throw that out there, since you want something that will provide shade and hide the shopping centre.

Back
Top Bottom