Pigs tail flipper for non-stick pans???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
I really like my pig tail flipper. It's a stem on a handle with a curly cue at the end. One turn of the wrist instantly flips whatever you're cooking. It's particularly useful for flipping thin items like sliced zucchini and the like.

However, they're made of stainless steel and the sharp point can put scratches in non-stick pans very easily.

I've not seen any pig tail flippers made from some material other than steel.

Wouldn't you think some company could make a pig tail flipper to use in non-stick pans? :(

We have 2 of the pigtail turners and love them. I've never had any challenge using them with Teflon cookware. The flipper is so effective that I never actually touch any pan with the tip of the tool.

I slice my zucchini very very thin for frying and I try and be careful when poking pieces to flip, but the sharp tip makes it thru my thin zucchini slices. Over time, it tends to make scratches on my non-stick coating. Ah well.

Kidding aside, it looks handy for flipping lots of things while cooking.
Oh great, another "toy" I will probably buy. Being a member of DC can add up. The knife drawer insert and this flipper thing--two things in one day without which I cannot life! My kitchen needs these things--the cook wants to make life easier while in the kitchen.

Clearly you don't want to switch to another flipping tool. So the other side of the solution from a teflon safe pigtail is using a pan that's not non-stick.

We use ours all the time. And, on average, I'd say we use ours at least once per day. Yesterday I used it three times.

My favorite use is to dredge and batter-dip foods for frying. The food gets a better, more even coating and I don't end up with huge batter-coated elephant fingers.

Once I used the larger/longer one to fish out something I'd dropped behind the dryer. Hey! It worked!!

Like I said, these little gems are great for all manner of tasks.

Do you have any good pigtail recipes? :)

When I was a young'un, we had boiled pig tails...cooked in the same manner as pig feet. Boil til tender .....salt and pepper. These days, a pressure cooker makes it more tender and a quicker process. Not a lot of meat there but what is there is mighty good.
I 'spect it could be braised with carrots, taters and such too.

Wow! I was just kidding, hadn't realized that pig tails were edible, didn't think they'd have enough meat on them to make it worth the effort.

I'll add that to my list of things I'd rather not try. :)

Wow! I was just kidding, hadn't realized that pig tails were edible, didn't think they'd have enough meat on them to make it worth the effort.

I'll add that to my list of things I'd rather not try. :)

Yep we see 'em at the Food Lion all the time.
Which reminds me...I gotta have a talk with the meat manager there. They have taken to calling chicken feet...chicken paws..Whatndaworld???

Yep we see 'em at the Food Lion all the time.
Which reminds me...I gotta have a talk with the meat manager there. They have taken to calling chicken feet...chicken paws..Whatndaworld???

tell him he's got his tetradactyls mixed up with his pentadactyls, hoot.

that'll set him straight...:)

Back
Top Bottom