Pimento Cheese Quiche

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
PIMENTO CHEESE QUICHE
by ZHIZARA

DOUGH:

1-1/2 C Biscuit mix
1/2 C Milk

Mix and spread in bottom of oil sprayed casserole dish or glass pie pan using your hands spread out the bottom and up the sides of the dish (don't go over top).

FILLING:

Pimento Cheese: Enough to cover bottom.

Ground sausage 1/3# browned with
w/1 translucent chopped onion cooked in 1/4" water and drained when done and layered over PC

Today's PC was made with Colby/Jack and Swiss with softened cream cheese blended in, w/mayo.

Topping:

4 eggs
1C small curd cottage cheese

Blend(er) until smooth and pour on top of quiche.

Bake 375 degrees (anyone have the code handy for degree symbol?) for 35 minutes. Check bottom for doneness and add more time as necessary.

This time I had a little bit of spinach left from the last quiche, so I spread it in tiny clumps on top of the pimento cheese.:chef:

Last edited:
I also added 1/4 C Parmesan and a sprinkle of poultry seasoning to the biscuit dough.

Sounds Good Zhizara!

The code for degree is ALT + 248

It didn't set! I need to take some Pimento Cheese for the quiche BEFORE adding mayo to the pimento cheese. It has always set for me so I'd say that's the culprit. Still really tasty, but sloppy. It heated pretty well in the microwave though. Sitting in the fridge overnight tightened it up some, but I'll save the grated cheeses with pimento before adding mayo next time. I like the way the cottage cheese sets with the eggs. It maybe also that I blended the cottage cheese in the blender. I've never done that before. I won't do that again either!:chef:

I guess that'll larn me not to post a recipe while the dish is still in the oven! ø

BTW Alt 248 is not ° on my computer, it's a lower case o with a slash through it. Of course I got some really weird results because I forgot to turn on the numeric function on my keypad:ermm::LOL: Oops, but funny when I figured it out.:LOL:

I Googled "symbol degree" and got the result ALT0176 which is the degree symbol I was looking for ° .

Last edited:

ø

BTW Alt 248 is not ° on my computer, it's a lower case o with a slash through it. Of course I got some really weird results because I forgot to turn on the numeric function on my keypad:ermm::LOL: Oops, but funny when I figured it out.:LOL:

I Googled "symbol degree" and got the result ALT0176 which is the degree symbol I was looking for ° .

ø is one of my funny Danish vowels. :LOL:

You should make a shortcut on your computer to "Character Map", if you are using Windows.

It's at: All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Character Map.

You can copy and paste any of the weird symbols and letters. If you highlight a funny letter or symbol and look at the bottom right corner, you will see the code.

I use it a lot, so I have it pinned to my taskbar.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom