Pineapple, yogurt, and...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
Need to use up my chopped pineapples chunks. I was thinking as like a mid-morning snack use them with plain yogurt....and you fill in the blanks with what you think might be in my (the average) cupboard, fridge &/or spice rack. Please remember, I would like for it to be something fitting for a quickie cold breakfast or mid-morning snack. :)

Need to use up my chopped pineapples chunks. I was thinking as like a mid-morning snack use them with plain yogurt....and you fill in the blanks with what you think might be in my (the average) cupboard, fridge &/or spice rack. Please remember, I would like for it to be something fitting for a quickie cold breakfast or mid-morning snack. :)
I'd put it in my blender for my grandkids, along with the yogurt,a half of a banana,some frozen strawberries and either a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some milk to make it not so thick. They all love it.
kadesma

I'd put it in my blender for my grandkids, along with the yogurt,a half of a banana,some frozen strawberries and either a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some milk to make it not so thick. They all love it.
kadesma

yum!

I like toasted cheese and pineapple sandwiches. I need protein for brekky. The yoghurt I would take to the office with me for morning tea.

But personally, I would be using these ingredients as accessories to my dinner instead - pineapple salsa (with chopped red onion and tomatoes and all the relevant herbs and spices) and use the yoghurt to make beetroot tzaziki or the normal variety. Or use the yoghurt as part of a marinage for chicken. But that's just me.

Oh and I love Kadesma's smoothie!!

salsa

I like toasted cheese and pineapple sandwiches. I need protein for brekky. The yoghurt I would take to the office with me for morning tea.

But personally, I would be using these ingredients as accessories to my dinner instead - pineapple salsa (with chopped red onion and tomatoes and all the relevant herbs and spices) and use the yoghurt to make beetroot tzaziki or the normal variety. Or use the yoghurt as part of a marinage for chicken. But that's just me.

Oh and I love Kadesma's smoothie!!

I like your pineapple salsa idea..its a very versatile and easy to make dish:chef:
pineapple_salsa_01.jpg

photo

Can't say that mine ever looked as great as your photo though!! Makes me want to open a can of pineapple now!!
I would like to claim it's my photo but sadly I cant..;0:LOL:Me want to open some pineapple and make some salsa but is to lazy to do it:ROFLMAO:

I keep an assortment of Jello and instant puddings (sugar free, for me) in my pantry for this sort of thing.
Try this: Drain pineapple and reserve juice for another use. Beat a packet of Jello (any flavor) into the yogurt, then fold in pineapple.

Grapenuts cereal... just stir into the yogurt with the fruit.. tasty!!!

Great idea...i would..put pinapple slices in yogurt, add sugar and sprinkle with cardamon power, garnish with strawberries! healthy mid-day bowl!

Great idea...i would..put pinapple slices in yogurt, add sugar and sprinkle with cardamon power, garnish with strawberries! healthy mid-day bowl!

It will be 7 years this April since I quit smoking, so since then I've been working on retraining my palate to recognize and appreciate subtle flavors.

As you mentioned, the pineapple, yogurt, cardamon and strawberries sound great, but with all of the sweetness from the pineapple and strawberries, I wouldn't add the sugar. Besides making it overly sweet and adding calories, it would, for my taste, mute or hide the other more complex flavors.

My grandson, a teenager, I don't believe has any tastebuds. For him, everything must be extreme... either extremely sweet or extremely sour. Anything else is "boring!" (sigh!)

The scientists say that some people actually have more taste buds than others, and I believe that. I can taste subtle differences that my husband doesn't notice.
Teenagers also eat so fast, they don't taste half of what they swallow.

I seem to recall that pineapple has an enzime which turns yogurt soupy unless you heat it up for a few minutes. Anyone recall how hot it needs to get ?? Gage

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom