Pit Talk moved from Links Section

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodman said:
I like that Dave H guy on that forum. He always makes alot of sense and asks the best questions.!!!!!

Especially when he talks about his dog's coke(think british accent). Oh. that would be this forum.

Greg Rempe said:
It is JUST a bbq pit...I can not even believe that there has been 5 pages of responses to this thread and most of it in a bad nature...you gotta be kidding me?

I have never seen ANY WSM owner go on such an attack as has been displayed here by the Klose guys. Drink a beer and chill the Fu*k out! #-o

This isn't all of the Klose guys now. Just the far right militant contingent! And, let's face it, you WSM guys aren't really dealing from a position of power to mount any kind of attack now anyway.......are you? #-o #-o

Greg Rempe said:
It is JUST a bbq pit...I can not even believe that there has been 5 pages of responses to this thread and most of it in a bad nature...you gotta be kidding me?

I have never seen ANY WSM owner go on such an attack as has been displayed here by the Klose guys. Drink a beer and chill the Fu*k out! #-o

Buy a real pit and then tell us it's just a bbq pit. You should have bought TH1 from Woodpile. Buying a bbq pit is one of the few truly "guy" purchases, guy...not gay, you can make. When you buy Kloset's Klose...you'll understand. Until then...drink a beer and shut the fu*k up ! [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X :razz: :razz: :razz: :razz:

Kloset,,i git me some emails asking if your's is for sale,i tellem,it's not for sale!. =D>

Woodman said:
Greg Rempe said:

This isn't all of the Klose guys now. Just the far right militant contingent! And, let's face it, you WSM guys aren't really dealing from a position of power to mount any kind of attack now anyway.......are you? #-o #-o

Militant???!!! We have not yet begun to fight!!! I've been really nice through this episode by not bringing up some of the obvious points of comparison, side by side, that you and I have made, at contests, about the subject. I plan to keep it that way too, at least for now. You know what? I've got mine, you've got yours', were both happy...that's all that matters...for now. =D>

Kloset BBQR said:
Rule #1, never sell an appreciating asset!

Damn acountants!
But one day when you're the W champion BBQ 'r and have like a billion $ and every cooker known to man and your kinda going senile and well,your eyesite is going and you have lost your mind,then will you sell me the klose santa maria wheelie grill? pleese. [-o<

Actually, if you were soooo happy, you would have stayed quiet in the first place, ya know, because you were soooooo happy!

As for the WSM people not being in a position of power?? I don't get that...we are happy with what we have...no need to jump ugly with other people to defend our precious "REAL" BBQ pit.

I think you are just trying to make yourselves feel better about the amount of $$$ you spent knowing a WSM can make BBQ just as good as yours!

I remember a great BBQ chef saying that it isn't the pit...it's the cook! :eek:

I just have to wonder how much long term damage this could do to Klose's reputation. In my industry there was a manufacturer that made a wonderful product. But a handful of loud, well intentioned disciples created this same "ours is the only one" kind of clique. Didnt mean alot for the first few years but over time it drove sales away. No one wanted to be associated with the brand because of a few of the zealot owners. Its taken them 15 years to get back to the market % they used to have. Both pit makers make wonderful pits, there's no doubting that. But why not let them speak for themselves. The only thing 6 pages of this has done for me is make me think that if I ever "graduated" from my poor little ole WSM (thats turned out some mighty fine eats by the way) I would have to think twice about considering a Klose pit..... No doubt there are some wonderful people that own them, but I wouldnt want to be lumped in with the lot that thinks they are the only one. but thats just my .02...and that along with another 3 bucks will just get you beat up by the startbucks haters who think their coffee is the best :grin:

](*,)

C, This has been going on for years! Klose's sales haven't suffered a bit! He builds the "best engineered pit" out there. It costs more. Gator's pits cook just as good and their customer service is better. I'da told Zilla to take a hike too. In fact, I think I'll beat the crap outta him the next time I see him at Q-fest . Then I'm goin to Kanada to bounce BBQ mmmmmm!
I for one thinjk this is the best thread I've seen in 6 months on ANY forum! Woody

Greg Rempe said:
I now cannot believe that there is 6 pages on this topic...INSANE! :eek:

You love it! Now if you want us to continue,we have to be compensated.

Hey Rempe, if you are allowed out this summer to compete with us...I will personally show you what I have avoided. When you have the best, and agreeably the most expensive, you can't help but be happy. I'll get another Klose some day

Hey, I like WSMs...I have a trophy because of a WSM and Woodman being quick with the tongs to avoid a disaster. I'd get one but would be dead the next day if I buy another grill, pit, etc. right now.

I think it was Woodfucious who told you that about not being the pit but rather the cook. I think he was drunk too...or well on his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom