Pizza Success, finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
:mrgreen: I made pizza pasties last night. I made the dough the night before and let it sit in the fridge until I was ready to make the pie. Here's the recipe:

12 cups Dakota Maid bread flour
6 tsp. salt
4 tbs. dry yeast
4 tbs. Vital Wheat Gluten
2/3 cup EVOO
Enough water to make s loose dough (started 2th 4 cups, added more until the consistancy was sticky and elastic.

Sauce - 24 oz. tomato puree
1 tbs. dried oregano
1 tsp. sweet basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper, ground
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1/2 tsp rosemary

Toppings, fresh sliced yellow onion
sliced black olives
really good pepperoni from one of our local supermarket deli's
chopped green peppers
lots of shredded mozzarella cheese
browned chudaghi sausage
lightly sauteed fresh mushrooms

Lightly flour the butcher block table. Take 1/4 of the dough and form by hand into a circle. Flatten and place on table. Push with finger tips until the dough makes a 9 inch circle with thick edges. Add sauce and toppings, leaving 1 inch sides. Brush the sides with water. Fold in half, rolling the sides inward. Place onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Repeat with three more doughballs. Makes four extreme pizza pasties. Let rise until doubled. Brush with egg wash. Bake at 450' for 30 minutes. Remove and serve.

This is enough pizza pastie to serve 6 to eight people. They came out so, so good. And the crust was perfect.

If you want to really impress some pizza loving guests, make these pizza pasties. Remember, they expand in size to double. So double up the sauce and fillings to provide enough filling for the amount of crust when it expands.

You should have seen the faces of the young men to who they were served. You want to see excited 19 year olds, you know, those walking stomachs? One of these pizza pasties filled two of them.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom