Plane Crash in NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am amazed that I get breaking news on DC.

Flipped over to the link on Drudge (CBS)

Hard to believe how dumb some reporters are:

"Temperatures at the time of the crash in the city were just about 20 degrees, with the water temperature likely much colder"

Sheesh!

OMG! :LOL:

I am amazed that I get breaking news on DC.

Flipped over to the link on Drudge (CBS)

Hard to believe how dumb some reporters are:

"Temperatures at the time of the crash in the city were just about 20 degrees, with the water temperature likely much colder"

Sheesh!

Must have been Ron Burgundy :LOL:

it's us airways flight 1549.

i wonder how much the ferries are charging?

it's not a normal stop.

flightstats.com says that it's currently an 18 minute delay. :rolleyes:

they must work for the government.

HEY, BT, DUCK!!!!
crawl%20homer.gif

You better thank your luck stars, bt, you weren't on the roof at the time. The glare off your head would have blinded the pilot and he would crashed at that driving range (on land)! L O L ! ! !

they said it was a flock of seagulls that caused the accident.

what the heck does an 80's band with bad hair have to do with it?

Seriously though, when I turned the TV channel and saw NBC, with Brian Williams & ticker tape saying a plane crashed in the Hudson River, I clenched my shirt at the neck with the right hand, left hand over my mouth, face contorted saying, "Oh God, no", first thought...
9/11. But they showed the plane intact, so I was a bit confused. And riveted. Then, of course I came to DC to see what the family knew.
What a horrible sign of the times!
As I write, (4:50pm) the whole body of the plane is just barely above water.
By the Grace of God, it was daylight!!!

I am just now finding out about this (upset stomach and was taking a nap). I am so thankful that everyone is okay.

:ohmy:Barbara

LOL Adillo!

That is just about all that is on the news here, which is understandable, considering this is a Charlotte TV station.

:huh:Barbara

Thank god that everyone is okay.

For those of you that found humor in it with your posts....digusting.

Where's SierraCook. He goes into fires in Ca. - but I don't remember if he's a pilot or not.

I don"t think she does.

Yes, the pilot did a wonderful job landing, BUT, it's not just the pilots, it's the flight attendants too that keep the calm and help everyone out.

Back
Top Bottom