Planning Bday Dinner for Special Friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
I'm planning a special birthday dinner for a good friend of mine. It will be simple and healthy, with an appetizer, main, and dessert.

My appetizer will be lobster pate and roe spread on baguette or crackers
The main will be scallops and a broccoli salad
Dessert will just be three pieces of cake (there will be 3 of us) from the store / bakery.

Any ideas on recipes (the lobster pate is made) and how to spruce it up? I am going for healthy, and simple. I already have the scallops and broccoli, just not decided on how to prepare.

I should also mention that nothing should be cream based as it upsets her stomach.

Last edited:
I would do this and then serve a tossed salad or fresh tomato slices with basil. Also a loaf of good bread for sauce sopping.

[FONT=&quot]LINGUINE WITH BROCCOLI AND SCALLOPS [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 lb. fresh broccoli
1 lb. linguine
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. butter (or half butter and half EVOO)
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 lb. bay scallops
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hot pepper flakes to taste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Cut broccoli in florets. Blanch in boiling salted water 2 minutes. Drain well; refresh under cold running water; set aside. Cook linguine to al dente according to package directions; drain well. Toss with salt, pepper and 1/4 cup butter. Cover and keep warm while preparing scallops and broccoli.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Heat remaining 1/4 cup butter until very hot; add garlic and saute a bit, being careful not to burn. Add broccoli and heat through. Add scallops, salt and pepper; saute 3 minutes or until just done; immediately spoon seafood mixture over pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve at once.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preparation time: 30 minutes. Yields 4-5 servings.[/FONT]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom