Polenta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ella/TO

Sous Chef
Hi Folks....the store bought roll of Polenta.....how does one prepare it?....I'm going to be making second cut veal chops....breaded, fried, then put into the oven to finish and soften.....I know one can grill polenta, but what else?.....thanks in advance everyone for all the wonderful answers I'm going to get!:)

While I usually enjoy polenta sliced and fried, Frank once served the polenta soft and in a bowl topped with a savory veal stew. I've seen recipes where it is a cobbler base, but have never tried it.

~Kathleen

For the store-bought rolls, just slice to the thickness you want & saute until heated through in either all butter, all extra-virgin olive oil, or a combination of both.

Since it'll be an accompaniment to breaded fried chops, I'd probably vote for a butter-saute & a light sprinkling of your favorite herb(s). Maybe some grated Parmesan depending on the rest of the meal. You don't want anything too heavy.

I also use it to make "inside out" tamales. Yes, I KNOW it's not masa... but anyways, chili, red or green, is good over the top, too.
Soft polenta with lots of parmesan is great, with a gravy (brown or red) over thop is wonderful.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom