Pomegranate Vinegar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
A few months ago I bought a little bottle of pomegranate vinegar at Trader Joes on a whim and have been using it primarily in dressings and with fruit. It's beautiful - a deep rose color and intensely flavored, sweet, floral... there's a lot to love. Last night I used some to deglaze some seared duck.

duck.jpg

This vinegar is just amazing but I need some new ideas. Anyone ??

That duck looks fantastic, and the vinegar sounds delicious. Would it be good to drink in some lemonade or seltzer?

Last edited:
Hmm, you could replace grenadine (pomegranate syrup), like in a Tequila Sunrise or a Pink Lady. I may need to get me some pomegranate vinegar!

Last edited:
I think it would be great with chocolate truffles! A friend of mine makes gourmet chocolates with all kinds of yummy infusions.

Another idea is to use it in a salsa - maybe with onions, jalapeño and red peppers - and serve it over fish or portobello mushrooms.

Last edited:
I generally make truffles with heavy cream and chocolate. Anyone know if the vinegar would react badly with the cream?

Great ideas. Great pic Janet. The duck looks really yummy.

Some friends gave me a bottle of pomegranate balsamic vinegar. I haven't opened it yet because it seems special and I had no idea what would be a good way to benefit from it's uniqueness.

I don't have any ideas about using the pomegranate vinegar Janet, but that duck sure does look yummy! :ohmy: :yum: I think I would like it in a fruit salad too, as you mentioned.

My favorite and regular way to use this vinegar is on salad.

Dressing
1 Tbls yellow mustard
2 Tbls pomegranate vinegar
1 Tbls olive oil
1 Tbls grapefruit juice or water

Awesome salad
Salad greens
Sliced apple
Chopped celery
chopped walnuts
Crumbled blue cheese

Almost as Awesome Salad - a bit healthier
Salad greens
shredded cabbage
Sliced apples
Chopped Celery
toasted sesame seeds

I served this salad tonight, with a vinaigrette inspired by your recipe. It was really good. I used pecans instead of walnuts, 'cause they aren't quite as crunchy. I will add blue cheese crumbles. From what we tasted, blue cheese would go really well in this salad. We don't like grapefruit, so I used a bit of lime juice instead.

Have you tried reducing it down to thicken like a syrup? You could then use it on ice-cream, drizzle on cheesecake and so on and so on.........................

I served this salad tonight, with a vinaigrette inspired by your recipe. It was really good.

Glad you enjoyed this. Using Mustard in dressing is 'my go' to fast dressing base.

Have you tried reducing it down to thicken like a syrup? You could then use it on ice-cream, drizzle on cheesecake and so on and so on.........................

No. I;m sure it would be delicious but I love the vinegar as is and have a small bottle... ;)

I read from an unreliable source that it wasn't real pomegranate vinegar, but pomegranate juice, white vinegar, and sugar?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom