Pork Chops & Rice- TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
4 pork chops
1/2C. flour
1/2tsp. salt
1/4tsp. pepper
oil for browning pork chops
1/2C. uncooked rice
2C. stewed tomatoes
2Tbsp. chopped onion
2Tbsp. cooking oil
2Tbsp. chopped green bell pepper
1tsp. salt
1/4tsp. pepper

Trim fat & bone from pork chops(I just use boneless). Stir together flour, 1/2tsp. salt & 1/4tsp. pepper; roll chops in flour mixture to coat & brown in skillet in hot oil. Combine rice, tomatoes, onion, oil, bell pepper, remaining salt & pepper; pour over chops in skillet. Cover & simmer for 45 minutes. Do not lift lid during cooking.

Im going to make this for dinner tonight and have a few questions!!!!!

Question - What kind of rice do i use? Uncooked white rice or long grain?

Question - "Brown chops in oil" Do i set heat to like medium? And i brown the chops then transfer them to the other skillet correct? Or do i just use one skillet?

Question - Can i buy stewed tomatoes or do i have to stew them myself, if i have to stew them, can i sub for another can tomatoes? Thanks!!!

I use uncooked long grain rice.

Yep, medium heat, brown the pork chops & then pour the other ingredients over the pork chops in the same skillet.I like the fact that I only have to dirty up one pan for this meal.

I buy canned stewed tomatoes.

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out for you.

crewsk said:
I use uncooked long grain rice.

Yep, medium heat, brown the pork chops & then pour the other ingredients over the pork chops in the same skillet.I like the fact that I only have to dirty up one pan for this meal.

I buy canned stewed tomatoes.

I hope you enjoy it! Let me know how it turns out for you.

It just so happens i have a full container of uncooked long grain rice!!! I tried to make it once but i just added salt pepper and seasoning, and it had NO FLAVOR whatsoever. I'm sure with this way it will be good flavor. Thanks so much!!!!! Any other tips to it i should folllow? Im a relative cooking novice!

With the rice cooking in the tomatoes & other sruff it soaks up all those flavors. I can't think of anything else you might need to know, it's a pretty simple recipe. Oh, I only use about a tablespoon or so of oil to brown my pork chops. I normally brown them 2 at a time & add more oil to the skillet for the 2nd batch if I need to.

afterthought - how tightly does it have to be sealed while i cook? I have one large skillet which i rig up with a pizza pan type thing, ive only used this to cover and simmer hamburger helper in the past.. ( dont laugh..like i said im a noob, dont worry i dont cook that crap anymore )

That's OK, I still cook Hamburger Helper once in a while.:LOL: The lid to my skillet dosen't fit tightly & it has vent holes so I wrap it foil to keep in as much moisture as possible. I think your pizza pan rig will work just fine.

I made this recipe tonight. I overcooked the pork chops ( My bad) But they were still tasty from the seasoning. But the rice - Did not cook whatsoever. The rice was as stiff and inedible as it iwas to begin with... WTF? Was it my ***** rig? Like i said i covered the skillet with a pizza pan.

Thanks for your responses in advance!!! -_-;;

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no cule!!:ermm: I'm sorry the rice didn't cook for you, I've never had that problem before. I'll have to let my brain wake up before I can figure anything out. I'm still half asleep this morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom